cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To customize reset password screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to customize reset password screen. I was trying to reset the password on a different page or jsp by taking employee number , DOB and National ID as inputs instead of mailing to the person. This situation arises when the log on person will not have any email id. The following fields should be input fields

1. Employee Personal Number

2. Date of Birth

3. National-ID

Once user fills in the details in the above fields and clicks the u201CSUBMITu201D button it will validate the database. Based on the Employee Personal number, DOB and National-ID has to be validated and will be given corresponding messages if they are invalid. If everything is valid, then password should be reset as user id and a message should be prompted as to change his password on his next log in. I am basically a java programmer and was quite unaware of how this functionality can be implemented. Can anyone throw some light.

Thanks

Tanuj.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tanuj,

As you told, you can first try to get the e-mail id of the user and if its not there, then give him an option to fill the required input fields.

All this functionality can be implemented in an application.

You can do the verification of those input fields also there.

Then if valid, u can reset the password of the user.

For navigating to this application, u need to change the predefined navigation. i.e. previously when the passowrd reset link is clicked, it will navigate to a predefined application. But u want to implement your own functionality. So u need to replace the existing link in the jsp page with a new one, which points to your application.

If any more help is needed, please revert back.

Thanks,

Bhavyasri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. For placing one more link inside an existing JSP, which point to another jsp, we need to map the new jsp somewhere. For example, if i have a new test.jsp placed in the same folder as logon page, then we need to map the test.jsp some where in the same folder so as to link it from logon page. if i simply place a

<a href="https://answers.sap.com/test.jsp">testlink</a>

then the error "The requested resource /Test.jsp is not available" will come as an exception.

And for validating DOB and Employee number PERNR should i have to call some BAPI or using UME factory API in java is enough?

Thanks

Tanuj