Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI Java 7.10 rev 5 (OSX): ABAP EDITOR PATTERN duplicate rows

lorenzo_nicora2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear all,

using new rev 5 java version of SAP GUI for OSX I still find some serious bugs on abap editor:

• Using Pattern to copy a function module into an abap code it copy every line twice and includes strange characters (on the far right of the following:

CALL FUNCTION 'REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY'                                                                                * EXPORTING
* EXPORTING                                                                                *   I_INTERFACE_CHECK                 = ' '
*   I_INTERFACE_CHECK                 = ' '                                                                                *   I_BYPASSING_BUFFER                = ' '
*   I_BYPASSING_BUFFER                = ' '                                                                                *   I_BUFFER_ACTIVE                   = ' '
*   I_BUFFER_ACTIVE                   = ' '                                                                                *   I_CALLBACK_PROGRAM                = ' '
*   I_CALLBACK_PROGRAM                = ' '                                                                                *   I_CALLBACK_PF_STATUS_SET          = ' '
*   I_CALLBACK_PF_STATUS_SET          = ' '                                                                                *   I_CALLBACK_USER_COMMAND           = ' '
*   I_CALLBACK_USER_COMMAND           = ' '                                                                                *   I_CALLBACK_TOP_OF_PAGE            = ' '
*   I_CALLBACK_TOP_OF_PAGE            = ' '                                                                                *   I_CALLBACK_HTML_TOP_OF_PAGE       = ' '
*   I_CALLBACK_HTML_TOP_OF_PAGE       = ' '                                                                                *   I_CALLBACK_HTML_END_OF_LIST       = ' '
*   I_CALLBACK_HTML_END_OF_LIST       = ' '                                                                                *   I_STRUCTURE_NAME                  =
*   I_STRUCTURE_NAME                  =                                                                                *   I_BACKGROUND_ID                   = ' '
*   I_BACKGROUND_ID                   = ' '                                                                                *   I_GRID_TITLE                      =
*   I_GRID_TITLE                      =                                                                                *   I_GRID_SETTINGS                   =
*   I_GRID_SETTINGS                   =                                                                                *   IS_LAYOUT                         =
*   IS_LAYOUT                         =                                                                                uFFFD

This is not new. It has been happening on java gui since I started using them on a Mac 1 year ago.

• Double clicking on a field/table in debugging (old and new) does not copy it to the field area (bottom part of the screen on the old/classic debugger).

Is anyone experiencing the same? Is anyone else programming on a Mac with the java gui?

Many thanks,

Lorenzo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

robert_straub
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Lorenzo,

this is no problem of the Java GUI.

Please see SAP note: 842431.

It solves your issue.

Regards

Robert

7 REPLIES 7

RMW
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Lorenzo,

I have tried to reproduce the pattern insertion issue, but without sucess.

Could you please tell more about the Backend version (Kernel, ABAP, Basis, (Non-)Unicode ...)

The problem with double clicks is a known issue (see also [this thread|😉 and a fix will be part of the next revision.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

lorenzo_nicora2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Rolf-Martin,

Here I send you my system specs:

SAP ERP Central Component 5.0 (+Mill Products) Kernel: 640 Compilation: AIX 1 5 00538A4A4C00 (iSeries) Sep 19 2007 22 Patch level: 201 ABAP Load: 1521 CUA Load: 16 Mode: opt SAP_BASIS: SAPKB64012 SAP_ABA: SAPKA64011 ST-PI: SAPKITLPS1 PI_BASIS:SAPKIPYI66 EA-IPPE:SAPKGPIC06 ECC-DIMP: SAPKIPMH03 Unicode: Yes

Is this enough?

Many thanks,

Lorenzo

0 Kudos

Hello Lorenzo,

thanks for the information. We have been trying to reproduce the issue, but still did not see it.

Could you please file a [bug report|http://service.sap.com/message] so we can get access to your system to reproduce?

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

0 Kudos

OK. Following your suggestion I've opened a customer message.

Thanks,

Lorenzo

0 Kudos

Hello Lorenzo,

Global Support has returned the message to you, please have a look at your inbox.

Please send the message back with an attachment of a trace-file reproducing the error with the default trace keys in SAP GUI for Java plus TEC and TEC2 (see also note 683960).

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

robert_straub
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Lorenzo,

this is no problem of the Java GUI.

Please see SAP note: 842431.

It solves your issue.

Regards

Robert

0 Kudos

That was it! The OSS note solved my problem.

Many thanks to all,

Lorenzo