cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating MDM Console with Portal for user management?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey All:

We are in process of implementing MDM 5.5 SP 06 with Portal and I have couple of questions regarding user management.

How can I integrate MDM Console with Portal for user management? I know once you have the your MDM conected to Portal, the user mapping takes care of the rest, but still for example if i were to give 100 users access to view data, this would require creation of 100 users on the console and then another set of 100 in portals, not to forget the mapping part. How can we get rid of this dual maintenance?

I read somewhere of a MDM ABAP API component which works with the MDM console? Does this thing really work...please explain, b/c if it does I would think we can use this MDM ABAP API component to manage both console and portal, then what about the role assignement and mapping part on both console and on portal?

Thank you

KT

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are absolutely correct that we will have to perform User Mapping in Portal so that MDM users get access to portal.

In case of large number of users what we usually do is create a Group in portal and then assign all your MDM users to that group.

First create a Group and assign all your portal users to that Group. Now assign your MDM role to that Group through User Mapping in Portal.

Here is a link where you can find the steps to create a group:

[https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=15651797&messageID=6032096]

Hope it helps...

Regards,

Becky.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Becky and Nitin:

First of all thank you for your input on this. I see that the job can be done by both:

1) Mapping Portal Role to MDM Console User

2) Mapping Portal Group to MDM Console User

But, my next concern is the use of generic/dedicated user ids on MDM Console. This mapping of 'Many (Portal Users) to One MDM User' will be hard to get pass validation/compliance teams, as we are a highly validated SAP shop.

Any work arounds?

Regards,

KT

nitin_mahajan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

If you know basic steps of mapping i would not need to tell the initial basic part of mapping.

Like you map a user in portal to a user in MDM, for your problem, instead of mapping a portal user to mdm user, create a Group/Role in Portal and Map it to One User in MDM.

Assign the Role/Group to whatsoever portal users you have.

It works. I have done it using Roles.

Regards,

Nitin