cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ME55 ME54N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

One purchase requisition is not appearing in ME55 and also ME54N it is giving a message no suitable items.

Helpfull answers will be rewarded

thanks

suresh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suresh,

Just check in the PR line item detail "Status" tab whether the "Block" indicator is set to blocked by the requisitioner. If so, change that to "Not blocked" and then try.

Even, if you are not getting it. it could be a authorization problem Just try SU53 and findout the missing authorization.

thanks,

Shreem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No PR is not blocked.

Thanks

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suresh,

I Hope you have checked the SU53 also. However, if it is happening to only one PR then it is difficult to say off the hand. It colud be due to change in release strategies. However, I recommend if you could send us the document with the screen dumps and the error message, it would be helpful to analyze.

Thanks,

Shree

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have also encountered the same issue as thread starter.

I have checked the SU53 and it states that there are missing authorization. For eg, Purchasing Org.

However, I have manually went to SUIM (Complex user selection) and checked that the Purchasing Org value was already given. I further my checks and found out that it was actually the Release Group and Release Code not given to user account.

This is something weird as the SU53 captured in the system is misleading us, when the actual reason is another missing authorization in other Object.

I also have another case when user is trying to view a PR using ME53N and encountered "No suitable items selected". For this case, the SU53 prompts that the user does not have the Release Group and Release Code given. However, I have checked that the user is not given the authorization to view the Plant used in the PR.

Does anyone knows the reason on why SU53 is giving the wrong information? Is it a bug in the system, or is due to configuration?

Would greatly appreciate your expertise. Thank you very much in advance.

Warmest Regards,

ayanami99

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First Check in ME53N Purchase Requisition HEader Tab Whether Relkease Strategy Tab is There along with Header text.

If its not there then its not Subject to Release. If its there, Revert back.

Regards,

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes release strategy tab is appearing.

It is showing as blocked

thanks

suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Check Purchase Requisition for release strategy.

Enter ME53N go item level of purchase requisition and see release strategy is updated for purchase requisition.

If in purchase requisition release strategy tab is not available. So due to this your pr number not display in ME54N.

If you want to check release strategy for purchase requisition.

Please take reference of below document.

Release Strategy for Purchase Requisition

Business Process: -

Purchase requisition is creating PPA person than PPA head release this purchase requisition.

Process of Release Strategy: -

Procedure with Classification: -

Edit Characteristics: -

For implement release strategy for purchase requisition you have to create Characteristics - CT04.

For Example: -

Suppose you want to create release strategy for purchase requisition document type wise. So you create characteristics for purchase requisition document type with CT04 - document_type.

Edit Classes: -

After creation of characteristics, Create Class - CL01 for release strategy of purchase requisition.

For Example: -

Create class for purchase requisition like: Release_PR

Set Up Procedure with Classification: -

In this node you can maintain following details.

Release Group

Release Codes

Release Indicator

Release Strategies

Now we see above details in briefly

Release Group: -

You can maintain release group in this node. This permits the multiple usage of the same release strategy key

For example: - Create 01 - Release Group for purchase requisition release strategy and assign your class of release strategy.

Release Codes: -

You can maintain release code against release group with this node.

For example: - Create release code 01 - PPA Head against release group 01 - release group.

Release Indicator: -

You can create release indicator with this node, like blocked, in process, Release.

For example: - Create two indicators, Like X - Blocked, 9 - Release.

Release Strategy: -

After click on this node you can see four different step for release strategy of purchase requisition.

Release prerequisites, Release status, Classification, Release simulation.

First off all maintain your release code in Release code tab. Than done some bellow settings.

Release prerequisites: -

Click on release prerequisites tab, change your required changes and click on continue button.

Release Status: -

In this node you can set your path of release strategy.

For example: - you want to create release strategy like when PPA head tick on release indicator at that time purchase requisition made release. So you can set it via release status.

Classification: -

In this node you have to enter value of characteristics.

For example: - enter NB - standard pr for document_type.

Note: - Before enter value in Classification, You have to maintain value in characteristics - CT04 in value tab.

Release simulation: -

Check release simulation for release strategy.

After done this process, Create purchase requisition for document type NB - Standard PR.

At the time of check release strategy will be implemented in your purchase requisition.

You can release it via ME54N. List of purchase requisition release with ME55.

Regards,

Mahesh Wagh.

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check in ME53N or ME52N, whether "Release Strategy" tab is appearing at Header or Item Levels. If not then PR is not subjected to Release Procedure. So it will not appear in ME54N and ME55.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Might be that requisition is not part of your release procedure

to duonle check goto ME53N and enter that requisition and see that release tab is populated or not ?

If it is not than you want see in the ME55 or ME54N tcode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Release strategy is applicable for the PR(FO doc type)

when tried to release thru ME54N it gives a msg no suitable items selected.

Please let me know your view on this.

regards

suresh