cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VC hidden columns problem - Wrong visualization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello VC gurus,

my problem is the following: I would like to create a table (taking results from a query) that contains 3 columns: "Material", "Sales in GBP" and "Sales in Euros". But I don't want the last two columns to appear together in the column: at first only "Sales in GBP" should appear, then when I click on a pushbutton (switching a boolean field in the data store) it should disappear, substituted by "Sales in Euros" and so on...

The problem is: the widths of these two columns result to be different (I've already switched off the dynamic port flag of the query), i.e. the first column has a regular width whereas the column displayed after the button pushing is very very small, pushed on the right of the table.

Is there a way to simply substitute the "Sales in GBP" column with the "Sales in Euros" column without changin its width, in a dynamic way??

Thanks a lot,

Andrea

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There should be a fx (function) button on the properties of the label/title for this column. You could write a conditional expression to switch between the two titles.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks but this won't solve my problem because I need to change the entire column data (without changing the column width) and not only the lable.

But I found a solution: I created a single column and then I inserted an IF statement in the "Formatting" tab of the column, depending on a boolean variable stored in the DataStore (whose value is obviously changed by pressing a button).

Note that this method will work only with column of type "Input Field"; for reasons that I don't know if I choose an "Expression Box" column type, when I click the button only 1 row (specifically the selected one) will change the values, whereas all others will remain unchanged.

Thanks to all of you,

Andrea

former_member203343
Contributor
0 Kudos

What's your SP level?

Former Member
0 Kudos

SP 16

Compiler Flex 2.0