cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP Adapter Basics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I need some crystal clear idea on SOAP Adapter Basics.

Sample scenario for my understanding:

When i send a Customer Request details webservices from a third party Webserver through sender soap adpater(Sync Interface) .

It reaches PI system and then reaches SAP ECC to fetch the customer details through Proxies.

In turn it gives customer repsonse details back to third party Webserver through the same sync Interface Soap Adapter.

1.I keen to know what is really happening between Sending Webserver and SAP PI system through Sender soap adapter.

2 When we use sender soap adpater do we really need to create webservice in Intgeration Directory, is it really mandatory.

3. I keenly like to know for the above scenario what exactly sender soap adapter is doing ...as step by step guide.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

The sender soap adapter is used for routing the message from the thirdparty system to xi and transformation of the message to nativexml format of xi. Webservices as the name implies offer the functionality through web by the web standard SOAP protocol.

Its not always needed to generate wsdl.It can be done two ways:

1. if u have the wsdl,import it in external definitions thus importing message types u needed for the design

2. we generate wsdl in ID and provide this to the third party to consume, so that wenever they trigger that, data starts flowing to XI

Thanks,

Durga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Durga,

Thank you so much for ur valuable reply.

I have one doubt.

1.Once when we generate the WSDL in ID.we can store that file in our destop.

How the third party will pick this generated file for the Consumption.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please have a look here:

Regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My quetsion is :

Once we create Webservices in Intgeration Directory. I like to know where can i see those created webservices.

How do i know webervices got created....

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

U have to follow the steps and provide the WSDL URL,message interface name, namepsace once u give all the information it will generate the WSDL file and at the end u will get the save option u save that WSDL on ur desktop.

Case one:

Webservice- XI- SAP system.

here remote client will act as sender. in this case from ID we create the WSDL file and send it to sender Webservice. This Sender will use the URL which we give while creating WSDL file from ID and send the message to XI.

Case two:

SAP System-XI-Webservice Receiver

Here Werservice provide the WSDL file and we import that WSDL file in XI and use as a data type. IN the SOAP receiver we will mention the WSDL file URL through which XI will send the data to Webservice.

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes,Chirag have given you both the possible scenarios.

Specifically to your question - with out having the WS created you may not get the wsdl file(similar to that of address for locating the published WS).

There is no way to see the WS created thru ID other than the wsdl file and testing the wsdl. which means your interface was exposed as an virtual end point thru WS technology.Basically you will have the corresponding coding piece for your ID created WS in the Java App Server.

Regards,

Vasanth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

here remote client will act as sender. in this case from ID we create the WSDL file and send it to sender Webservice. This Sender will use the URL which we give while creating WSDL file from ID and send the message to XI.

Clarification required:

1. Here URL defining in ID refers to Integration Server Address.-- where soap adapter converting this webservice into xml?

2. Here the above underlined sender is meant Sender soap adapter.

I will be really clear if u kindly clarify the above mentioned points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you use sender SOAP Adapter there is no need that you have to create a WS in ID all the time.Whenever you want your interface to be exposed as webservice for receiving the message from external system then we need to create a WS in ID.

Here in your example PI is simply forwarding the SOAP message from the Webservice to the ECC system. It does the routing and transformation only....

The message from the sender reaches the PI system thru the SOAP URL that you would have supplied to the sender.

Regards,

Vasanth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is mandatory to define the web service in the integration directory.

Regards,

Surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you could have a look here (and the mentioned SAP note 856597):

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/69/a6fb3fea9df028e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Regards

Patrick