cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sapmmc corrupted

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

SAP Management Console got corrupted in our XI system.

No element is found under SAP System Manager. Neither XI nor SOL MAN. I have tried the below mentioned help link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/43/2591f972634e86e10000000a422035/content.htm

I couldn't frame out the instance number properly.

Please let me know the procedure to recover SAPMMC

Thanks,

RPN

Edited by: RPN on Aug 27, 2008 3:35 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear RPN,

You have followed the correct document.You asked that you couldnt frame out the instance number properly.

Proceed as follows:

Open you MMC console.

Goto file-->ADD/Remove snap-in

Click on ADD

Choose SAP Systems Manager

Again Click on ADD

Click Next

Now give system number(that will be last two number of your system IP e.g: in case your IP is 10.1.1.44 then your system number will be 44)You can also check that from the SAP GUI logon pad if you have added it there previously)

Now give instance number:that you can find in user/SAP drive>E:\usr\sap\SID>there you can find your instance number DEVBMGSXX:where XX is your instance number.

systax is <hostname><instance number> example say: sapsandbox20

Now open you MMC. You will be able to find the tree structure and you can start it.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot...

all ur suggestions helped me to over come my problem...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RPN,

You can try this.

Open your console...

File-> add/remove snap in -> add ->select sap systems manager then click on add,

here you will get a pupup click on next and give your system id and instance name then finish .

Regards

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are your SAP instances already up or are they down.. If they cannot be started using startsap command also then check your instance and start profile files.. check for system number, system name parameters.. if they are fine!!

also try stop/start of SAPServiceSID service

Former Member
0 Kudos

check if SAPserviceSID service is running or not

if this server fails MMC will not show

Samrat

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved to NW Admin