cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automated Unit Tests through NWDI / Purpose of testrun.xml

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I could not find any documentation on the test infrastructure / system that seems to be integrated into Netweaver CE 7.1. A DC offers the option via the context menu to "Add/Repair Unit Test Support". When this is used the Developer Studio automatically creates the necessary test source folder, JUnit library dependencies and a file called TEST-INF/testrun.xml.

The first two things are clear, but what function does the testrun.xml file serve? To me it looks like it defines the Tests that should be executed (automaticaly during build?). However, the tests are never actually run.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<test> 
  <run type="junit">
    <include>com.sap.**</include>
    <exclude></exclude>
  </run>
</test>

Can anybody expain how this file is though to be used? Or how to perform automatic unit tests during/after the build process?

Thanks in advance.

ciao,

Elmar

Edited by: Elmar Weber on Sep 17, 2008 9:58 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi test developers,

the integration of JUnit tests into the DC build is planned for 7.30. You can add your tests in a separate test folder and specify additional "test"-dependencies, if required. The tests will be executed during the DC build. If a test fails, the build will also fail. Generation of code coverage reports will be possible, too.

Best Regards,

Jochen Ehret.

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ Jochen Ehret

Thanks for your answer. Sometimes it's really hard to get an answer from the sap experts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wrong forum for question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

bump

no answer? I would really appreciate an answer to this question!

Thanks in advance!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten,

Please do not "bump" posts.

There is no answer since this is not the right forum for the question. It looks like it belongs in a development forum to me, and I will close this thread. I recommend you open the question in a development forum.

Best Regards,

Matt