cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Export and Import

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can any one give me steps for Client Export and Import procedure. I wanted to do this task on DEV-QAI.

Thanks,

Chimsi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

i have to do the same..but i have a question for you experts!

So:

- Will a Client Export (SCC8) be able to export programs or other client independents objects?

If Not (as i think) what could i use to export data from a client to another including programs and other client independents?

Thanks in advance!

G.R.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Client copy and export includes the following:

Client dependent customizing

Client independent customizing ( if chosen )

User masters and authorizations ( if chosen )

Application data ( if chosen )

Please note all of these are just table entries in the database.

Repository objects such as programs, function modules, tables etc. are NOT included in client copy/export etc.

If you want to include repository objects as well, you should do a "system copy", also known as "homogenous system copy". Here you basically copy the complete database from one system to another, and do post processing on SAP. Thus everything, including repository objects is transferred.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Sanket

Former Member
0 Kudos

You were VERY Useful!!!

Thank you very much

G.R.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please don't forget to award points, if the answers are helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Sanket

Former Member
0 Kudos

Doing a system copy will copy a complete SAP Development System in to SAP Quality System, with all testing data and unwanted SAP Programs, which is not recommended. u can transport all your ABAP developments through change request, then perform a client import (exported from devlopment server). System copy can be done if u want to copy your production data to quality server or development server.

Regards,

Udayveer Singh,

SAP Technical Consultant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Execute SCC8 Specify profile ( which will prompt u for some options )And name and target system And schedule it for more info ref above mentioned link.

Regards

Vinod

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check out this link for details.

http://www.sap-img.com/bc049.htm

Raja