cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web service creation using SOAMANAGER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I created a web service from SE80 tranasction in ABAP system as a service provider.

I went into the transaction 'SOAMANAGER' and then into Business Configuration - web service. There i searched for the web service i created and said apply selection. I was able to see the details in a window and then clicked on 'Open WSDL document for Selective Binding'. Then i got http: 403 error.

I checked out few threads and understood J2EE server and its port are to be mentioned. But i dont know the server IP and port and the administrative team is not accessible. Can any one tell me how to get these details ? Do i need to publish this web service for usage (not necessary as per me) ?

In addition, do i need to create any end point or service again in SOAMANAGER ?

Can any one tell me whether the web service is ready to use or does it require further configuration in anyother transaction ?

Thanks a lot,

Srini.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini:

These are the steps to verify if you have already available the service endpoint.

1. Go to Business Administration tab,

2. Web Service Administration

3. Search my web service, select it and say APPLY SELECTION.

4. Check on the right of "Open Web Service navigator for selected binding" link you have the combobox filled

Kind regards

Gonzalo Perez-Prim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gonzalo Pérez-Prim,

I did exactly the same and got the HTTP 403 error.

Thanks,

Srini.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

You must set the J2EE server and port details to see your URL in the administration tab.

Regards,

Vasanth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

As far as I am aware, what you have created is a service definition but not the service and the service endpoint unless you have released it. Nevertheless, try to go to web service administration, select the service destination and open it for details.

Below you would see three links, one is the one you mentioned "Open the .." and a combo box on the right, if you it is full and you are able to see the service binding there, it is already released and you have no need for creating the service and service endpoint again. But if it is blank, go to next tab and create the service.

Hope this helps, try give us more details though.

Kind regards

Gonzalo Pérez-Prim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure whether this is web service definition or end point it self.

I didn't release the web service as the transaction 'WSCONFIG' is obsolete now. I don't which transaction is to be used now. And i can't see any place to release web service using SOAMANAGER.

But, when i search for the web service in the transaction "SOAMANAGER", i got the service details. When i clicked apply selection, it showed me the details of the service and an end point which are created automatically.

Then i selected the end point and tried to look at the WSDL. Then, i am getting the 403 forbidden error.

Do i need to do any configuration in WSADMIN2 ? Unfortunately, i cannot access this transaction as this is asking me to enter the J2EE server details which i don't know.

Thanks,

Srini.