cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same datatypes in different interfaces causes different structure names

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have two interfaces with slight different message types. Each interface has its own namespace. Because great parts of the message types are equal I create a third namespace with some sub datatypes.

Interface 1

<MT1>

<DT1>

</DT1>

<DT2>

</DT2>

</MT1>

Interface 2

<MT1>

<DT1>

</DT1>

<DT3>

</DT3>

</MT1>

DT1 is the same in both messagetypes. So I take DT1 to the third namespace an use these type in both interfaces.

And than I want create ABAP Proxys. First of all I generate the proxy structures of the datatype DT1. Then I generate the proxy of Interface 1. For the datatype DT1 and the proxy structure DT1 respectively a table type DT1_TAB is being created. So far this works fine.

Then I generate the proxy for Interface 2 and I get some generation warnings. Because the table type DT1_TAB already exists a new table type DT1_TAB1 is being created.

And here is my question: Is there any opportunity to use the same table types in bothe interface proxys? The table types are exactly the same because both are generated from the same proxy structure DT1.

In my mind a solution is to put both interfaces in the same namespace, but I don't want this.

Sorry for my terrible English.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gil,

>>> And here is my question: Is there any opportunity to use the same table types in bothe interface proxys?

In my mind a solution is to put both interfaces in the same namespace, but I don't want this.

If you create them under one namespace it will remain not allowed - so you cannot use the same name in more then one interface proxy

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions">XI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</a>

Answers (0)