cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enter-Event on an "Input Field"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Community...

i would like to trigger an event on an Input-Field in my Form. When I enter a value and press "Enter" the value should be given via an output signal to another iView. What kind of event do I have to choose to achieve that? I chose a Custom Action, but the value was passed to the output signal when I left the field.

Greetz, Jochen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jochen,

As per your requirement:

" When I enter a value and press "Enter" the value should be given via an output signal to another iView"

press Enter means u want to have a button in the form along with the input field. Am I correct?

If so then why to give action in the input field.

"I chose a Custom Action, but the value was passed to the output signal when I left the field"

Beacuse If you will give the event in input field then when you will fill the value in the input field that action will be triggered.

Better to give the action in the button if you want to press and then event has to be triggered.

Go to the Button property--give system action--as submit.

Then to pass data between the iviews you must have used signal out and signal in.

Regards,

Nutan

Former Member
0 Kudos

"press Enter means u want to have a button in the form along with the input field. Am I correct?"

No.

I don't want to have a button. That would be easy ;-). I just want to have an input field and when I'm in that field and press "enter" the value of the field should be passed via the output-signal.

A workaround could be to define a button as default button, which always has the focus. I can do this in Java, but I think it's not possible in the VC, right? I think I will first have to click the button...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jochen,

Ya, that can be possible with Java but in VC i believe it can not be handled. Because if you will give action in input field, then as it will get the values the event will be triggered.It wonot wait for you to press enter. Only other option is to use button and action in button property.

Regards,

Nutan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

No need to have a button to pass the values

Assaign the Submit action to the input filed then if you loose the focus form it the submit action will be triggered and the Input data will be submitted.

Did you got my point

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

"Assign the Submit action to the input filed then if you loose the focus form it the submit action will be triggered and the Input data will be submitted."

Govindu you are right and I already knew that it works that way. It's a pitty that it doesn't work the way I want it to. I think it's normal behavior to press "enter" if you entered a value in a form. Perhaps an event like that will be implemented soon... at least I hope so.

But thanks to all for your efforts ...

Jochen

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

the problem couldn't be solved because the system doesn't support the needed function.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Assaign Submit action to the Input filed.

Govindu