cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery without reference for stock transfer within the same plant / compa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I need to create a delivery without reference for stock transfer within the same plant, i.e. just from 1 storage location to another storage location.

I tried to use VL01NO with delivery type UL.

Now my question is how can I assign a receiving plant for a customer?

Many thanks.

Best regards,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hI

Logically looking at it how can there be 2 storage locations in different countries assigned to a single plant

Your first qn was need to create a delivery without reference for stock transfer within the same plant, i.e. just from 1 storage location to another storage location

For this i have answerwered

now you are asking this

So, the question is how to set the "receiving plant" in the customer master thru some normal way?

First clarify is it between one plant or 2 plants

For you the ideal option will be INTRACOMPANY STO

UB order type

NB Del type

641 movement type

Item category for del NLN

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raja for answering, they are in 2 countries physically, but logically in the system they are under 1 single plant. So, I know movement type 311 can be a solution, but the problem is it don't have any shipment or delivery data within the movement document, and also, I cannot reuse all the existing print out programs and print from in the DN.

I tried to update the customer's table KNA1-WERKS with the plant first, then I can successfully go thru all the following steps, and this is what I am expecting.

I can create a delivery order without reference way using Delivery Type UL, and post goods issue. It will do a 603 movement, and the stock go out from the source storage location, and become stock in transit.Then I can do a GR with this outbound delivery, and it will do 605 movement for receiving the stock to another location.

That's why I ask how can I update the customer master's Receiving Plant (KNA1-WERKS) by standard procedures?

Or in the other way, could anyone please tell me, how can we create a Delivery Note without reference (DN Type: UL, TCode VL01NO )?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

i have the same problem.

I created a separated item category, but i can't assign 311. The system doesn`t works. So I assigned 313 and 315 (one step) in the item category.

I can do the delivery with 313 movemnet, but i can't do the good recipts (315 or 101). And system doesn't 'know' the storage location to do the goods recipts.

Any idea.

Someone did it before?

Thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Chris

Two options are there

- Go to VOV6, select the schedule line category and you can assign the movement type to 311 but you need to test thoroughly on the FI / inventory impact, which I am not sure about that.

- In customer master General Data, you can see a tab [Unloading Points] You can make use of this field ABLAD which stores in Table KNVA.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hI

Sometimes there might be a requirement for transferring stock from one storage location to another storage location within a Plant. This would detail the setting required in doing the same:

Go to Transaction SPRO.

Click on IMG -> Material Management -> Purchasing -> Purchase Order -> Set up Stock Transport Order -> Set up Stock Transfer between Storage Locations -> Activate Stock Transfer between Storage Locations

Tick the check box iss storage location active to make the stock transfer between storage locations

This doesnt require any stock transport order

Having done the above settings pls go to t code MB1B and give all the necessary details

Use movement type311 and do the transfer posting

Stocks will be transferred to the new storage location

Regards

Raja

Edited by: ramanathan raja on Aug 27, 2008 12:02 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raja for answering, but we need a delivery. but not just a inventory movement. Since the 2 storage location is in fact located in different country, a delivery document is required.

I try to do that in debugging mode, and set the KNA1-WERKS field, and then everything can go on.

So, the question is how to set the "receiving plant" in the customer master thru some normal way?

Thanks.