cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

get project description of project template in cProjects

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

1. first a general question: where are project descriptions stord (which db)? the table DPR_PROJECT doesn´t contain the project description

2. is there a chance to get the project description (String) from a project template? where are these templatetexts stored?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

thomas_berndt
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thorsten,

I just found a reply that I gave to one of your other postings. And ISTM that the reply I gave there fits better to this thread:

rv_description = cl_dpr_common_services=>get_description_by_cgpl(
                            ir_common  = me
                            iv_langu   = iv_langu ).

So, all you need is provide the necessary information to fill the interface ir_common and the method returns the description of the given object in language iv_language.

Hoping this brings you a step forward.

Best regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Angelika and Thomas for your answers.

ok the table holds all texts but my problem is to identify which texts are normal project descriptions and which project descriptions are from project templates...

how can I differ if it is a project description from a template?

my aim is to copy this descriptions in teh other text languages if they are initial except if the project description text is passed from a template at project creation...

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Thomas said, descriptions are stored in CGPL_TEXT, but you need to access it with the GUID from the project. You can select in table DPR_PROJECT only the projects that are not templates and look for the descriptions in CGPL_TEXT

Hope it helps

Neil

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you Neil for your answer

"You can select in table DPR_PROJECT only the projects that are not templates and look for the descriptions in CGPL_TEXT"

but how can I find out which projects in table DPR_PROJECTS are templates and which are normal projects?

former_member189058
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Project Type for Operational Projects - DPO

Project Type for Templates - DPT

This information is present in DPR_PROJECTS

Regards,

Reema.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you all...I think I got it...

I get all guids for project templates in table cgpl_project with object_type = 'DPT'.

then I fetch the project description texts for these guids (-> templates) in the table cgpl_text.

thomas_berndt
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thorsten,

the answer to both of your questions is table CGPL_TEXT. This table holds the texts for all the cProjects (and RPM) objects.

Best regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thorsten,

try this: on the cProjects initial screen in the Templates initial view on the Create tab page.

- Choose the template type you want to create from the dropdown box above the Create tab page.

- Enter a number for the new template.

- Choose Project Template or Checklist Template from the Template dropdown box.

- Enter the number of the project or checklist template you want to use as a template under Copy Template.

If you want to search for a number, use Selection of Possible Input Values.

- Choose Continue. The system opens the template you specified.

- Change the existing data. The table below shows you where you can find more information about the necessary data entries.

- Save your entries.

In case you haven't already checked upon the user guide, see also: Creating a Project Definition http://help.sap.com/saphelp_cpro31/helpdata/en/b3/f4a84bf672a44281782a1aa5cffce0/frameset.htm

Viele Grüße,

Angelika