cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need procedure how to take backup using BRTOOLS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working in IBM AIX5.3 servers with SAP BI7.0 I am Planning to take Offline Database backup.By using brtools.

Modified some text at init<SID>.sap to full, disk, Offline.Changed at BRTOOLS level also. Kept

1 - BRBACKUP profile (profile) ....... http://initDB0.sap

2 - Backup device type (device) ...... disk

3 # Tape volumes for backup (volume) . []

4 # BACKINT/Mount profile (parfile) .. []

5 - Database user/password (user) .... [/]

6 - Backup type (type) ............... offline

7 # Disk backup for backup (backup) .. no

8 # Delete disk backup (delete) ...... no

9 ~ Files for backup (mode) .......... full

Note:

1) How to take backup using brtools...any script should be run

2) After taking backup how can we check backup done perfectelly with out any errors

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member227600
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can change backup mode ,backup media & location in init<sid>.sap file.

Login <sid>adm & run command BRTOOLS

After that initialize the Tape ,If you want to take the backup in Tape.(it is not require if you take backup on disk)

After that return back to main menu select database backup

>Backup device tape or disk>tape volume[name of tape Ex-PRDB01] if you are using tape--.Backup type offline or online whatever you want

And than type c & c & c.........

After your backup has been done you get a message backup has been terminated successfuly. Or you can check backup logs using DB14--.>brbackup.

Karan

pawan_amarnani
Participant
0 Kudos

hello,

I have a query regarding db backup using brtools. i have distributed system with 2 DI, 1 CI, 1DB server, all are on different host. is it necessary to stop sap system before taking offline backup of databse?

is it possible to stop CI and DI systems using BRtools, and then stop DB server and take backup?

Thanks,

pavan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pawan amarnani,

By using BRTOOLS you can start and stop the database. So once the database is getting stopped than whole sap system DI, CI and DB instances are going to be shutdown automatically once the DB is shutdown you can take the offline backup.

with regards.

Subhash Verma.