Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ORA-12801 exception

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts

We Are getting

SOL Error: ORA-12801: error signaled in parallel query server P016 ORA-00018: maxim

exception in BI production during aggregates roll up and according to note 986631 we have made that parameter false but still we are getting the same

Please Help

Regards

Amiya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Amiya,

for your information: http://ora-00018.ora-code.com/

Have you already checked the init paramter SESSIONS?

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14237/initparams191.htm#i1133629

I think you have reached this limit.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi stefan

thanks for ur quick reply

can you please explain me litle bit more so that i can explain our system admin

our oracle version is 10.2.0.2 and recently we have increased our Background jobs in BI

Regards

Amiya

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Amiya,

>can you please explain me little bit more so that i can explain our system admin

>our oracle version is 10.2.0.2 and recently we have increased our Background jobs in BI

This problem has nothing to do with the oracle version itself.

You can limit the max processes / sessions that can be established to an oracle instance. If you reach this limit you will get the ORA-00018. Now as you are using parallel server processes.. you can reach this limit of sessions or processes much "faster".

The parameter recommendations of SAP are also including this scenario.. check sapnote #830576 .. especially the following parameters:

> PARALLEL_MAX_SERVERS #DB-CPU-Cores * 10

> PROCESSES #ABAP work processes * 2 + #J2EE server processes * <max-connections> + PARALLEL_MAX_SERVERS + 40

> SESSIONS 2 * PROCESSES

If you set the values like described above you will calculate the parallel server processes in the session / process limit.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi stefen

Thanks

As per ur suggestion we are doing today night

i will inform u tomorrow..

Reagards

Amiya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks stefan

Our problem solved

Regards

Amiya

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are facing the ame problem. We found the note recommended 830576. But can you please let us know how to find <max-connections> which indicates the maximum number of connections (also called pool size) of the J2EE system DataSource and how to set it??

Thanks and Regards,

Karan Shah