cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP to RFC (Calling BAPI)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on creating a Purchase Order in SAP system by calling BAPI's from XI using RFC adapter.

I defined the following in IR:

1. Created data types for mapping with BAPI request and response.

2. Created messsage types and assigned corresponding data types to the message types.

3. Created one Message Interface (Outbound/Synchronous), Output message - request message type, Input message - response message type.

4. Create request and response message mapping and one Inteface mapping (with request tab and response tab) properly assigned.

Defined the following in ID:

1. Created HTTP business system (no communication channel)

2. Created communication channel for receiving system (SAP).

3. Created receiving determination and interface determination, receiver agreement, no sender agreement.

I sent XML message (required data to create purchase order) from HTTP client but I am getting the response as <b>Unable to determine name of mapping program</b>, my Interface Determination has proper Inbound Interface (ZBAPI_PO_CREATE) and Mapping program (PO_I_MAP). But Why am I getting the reposnse as I said above in my HTTP client?

Appreciate your help,

Thanks and Regards,

Jagadish.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It happens sometimes.First of all check what is the QOS that u have set in the HTTP client if u have given EO change it to BE since u r using HTTP in a synchronous manner.try this.If u have already given it properly check whether u have done the request and response mapping for the correct interfaces.if the problem still persists delete ur interface determination and create it again with the same name and try activating the change list.

Regards,

Sudharshan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did all these before I posted but no luck.

Jagadish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member181955
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jagadish,

The error lies in Message Mapping .So please check it once again .You have mentioned your steps it seem there is problem in Message mapping..

Please look at the following Steps..

IR:

1.Import Corresponding RFC(BAPI). No need to create Interface Objects( Data type, Message type,Message Interface ) for SAP( RFC ) system..

2.Create Interface Objects For HTTP System.As you told it is synchronous.

3.Perform Two Message Mappings

(A).HTTP Request <--> RFC Req

(B).RFC Response<-->HTTP Res

4.Perform one Interface Mapping which includes Request and Response Mappings ..

5.Activate all objects..

ID : what you have done is ok..

URL: http://<hostname:port>/<path>?<query-string>; Make sure your URL is correct or not for( sender HTTP )..

I think it will hepl you , if it is solved please assign points . If you have any doubt you can call me...

Thanks

N.Prasad Babu

iGATE Global Solutions Hyderabad : 98490 65377

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jagadish,

Try/Check these :

1)In Integration Directroy in your scenario make sure you have the interface mapping defined properly.

2)If u have deleted you Message Mapping and created a new one then u need to Activate your objects. Only clearing the cache won't help.

Even if you have activated your objects, make a dummy change, activate your objects and try your scenario again.

3) Else go thru these threads

Regards

Suraj