cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

java.text.ParseException:Unparseable date: "0"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

We have to verify whether the User is able to successfully synchronize the MI client with the Middleware server.

In the trace file , there is no error encountered.

Only the following exception :

Cannot parse server processing finished timestamp 0

java.text.ParseException:Unparseable date: "0"

Also I checked the Profile Dialog for the Device ID provided.

It shows that the last time Sent is 17.08.2008.

But the user claims he synced yesterday 26.08.2008 .

Also the Mobile monitor shows data in J-Waiting.

However, the Worklist is empty and no data is present.

Would you please provide us with the root cause of the problem? And confirm whether the user has synchronized successfully.

Thanks in advance,

Himanshu Limaye

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Thanks for the response.

Actually the Java code cannot be modified at present because this is the Production environment.

Is there any other workaround to this Exception?

As mentioned , the Mobile profile dialog for the Engineer shows the last sync date as 17.08.2008.

However, the Front office says that the user has synced on 26.08.2008.

Please provide a solution at the earliest convenience.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Himanshu Limaye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

well, if it really is the production code, I would ask why this is in production

Well, lets see - why can you do:

first of all, check if the user gets data while he syncs. If that is the case, then it is not that bad. If he does not get any data, increase the trace level and set the trace filessize to -1, to have a complete overview on his device and check the trace file after the sync. Does it tell you anything about an error?

I can see that you mentioned items are in I-WAITING and I_PARTIAL for this device? If that is the case, please be so kind and try to fix the error in MEREP_MON and restart the processing. If that is not possible, set the status of the item in I_PARTIAL for this device to ignore. Then the rest of the items should process and then you should be able to sync.

Well, beside all that, from 17 to 26. is a long time - please make sure you monitor your Middleware system more carefully, cause even if the device does not tell you that there is a problem - it can be that there is one. Items in I_PARTIAL stop the sync process for this device completely - and the strange thing: nobody gets an error message. Well, one of the bad things in MI.

If these two things are done, you should have the device back working again. But I have to say: sometimes ignoring an item kills a device completely and you have to install it from scratch. Another mistry of MI.

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not an expert in this area, but the problem seems to be with the java code, especially with the date formatting.

I may be able to help you out, if you can post the java code, that is being used.

regards,

Niran.