cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

visual admin stops at 99% for SAP BI 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ALL

I am currently working on SAP BI7.O server.

When I try to log on to visual admin...It starts normally and stops at 99%

Previously I was able to login to it perftectly

I see "user authentication failed" in the log files of Visual Admim

I logged in with user as "J2EE_ADMIN" and typed the correct password

Can anyone help me out

<b><Deleted by Moderator></b> Please see the "Rules of Engagement"

Edited by: Matt Kangas on Aug 27, 2008 8:59 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If there is any "user authentication" failure etc . normally it will not take you upto 99% but stop before 30%.

But here is what you can do now --

To be on the safer side - first check whether your J2EE_ADMIN is locked or not ( in ABAP). if locked pls unlock at once ..

Try to login to the default useradmin page with same user j2ee_admin and the password . if successfull then try again in VA with same credentials

If not then login to ABAP stack and create a user and assign "SAP_J2EE_ADMIN" to the user and try to login to VA with that user .

Later on you can check the dependencies of the user j2ee_admin and chage the password accordingly

<removed_by_moderator>

Read the "Rules of Engagement"

Edited by: Juan Reyes on Sep 23, 2008 11:29 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue is surely not wid the user id .

we had a similar issue where in the file system was full and the java process had hanged up.

Also check the java process using JCmon

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check on with the free space on the disk. The password might be correct but it stops at 99% because the visual admin process will be running endlessly in the task manager / process in the server.

Or the memory space will be full. try deleting the unwanted file on the drive where we have the visual admin.

And then try to login to visual admin.

Please let us know the results.

Regards,

Radeesh V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rev,

This has happened to me once.The password is case Sensitive. You can try login once again.If came error you login to ABAP and cheage the password for J2EE_ADMIN and use the new password to login to visual Administrator.

For more information check below link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/71/540c404a435509e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Regards

Ashok