cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring NWDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

What is the Step by step procedure to configure NWDI in the Netweaver 7.0, SP15, Java WAS 7.0. and Step by step Procedure for creating Products, Tracks, SC etc.

Thanks.

Gopal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jordan_Stanchev
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

am very new to NWDI... i would like to know whether any other general configuration in DTR,CBS,CMS,SLD or in any other place has to be done after installation or before getting started with team/track/layered development configuration?

Thanks

Gopal.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Jordan_Stanchev
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

hm, check if the SLD is propely setup - you run it's post installation configuraiton template, didn't you? also, try to ignore this final step, I think CMS configuration should be working fine even without it.

when you try:

http://<host>:<port>/devinf, do you se a link to Change Management Service? does it work and do you log sucessfuly on to CMS?

Jordan

Edited by: Jordan Stanchev on Aug 28, 2008 3:31 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the valuable help your providing till now....

I havent done anything with SLD till now... Once i installed and upgraded my server i started to work with "Initial setup of functional unit Development Infrastructure (DI all-in-one)" ...

yeah... http://<host>:<port>/devinf, is working fine and i was able to log in to CMS and i was able to find a track SANDBOX created and in the Transport Studio 's Development tap i was able to find sap.com_SAP-JEE (waiting for Import), sap.com_SAP_BUILDT(waiting for Import), sap.com_SAP_JTECHS(import failed) components.

By Skiping that error process i was able to successfully able to create a track called SANDBOX and in http://<...>:<...>/devinf under show track list iwas able to view

SANDBOX ( ID: SANDBOX | Desc: Sandbox for Learning, Demo and Prototyping )

Development

CMS: Change Management Service

CBS: Component Build Service ( http://<...>:<...>)

DTR: Design Time Repository ( http://<....>:<...>/dtr )

Consolidation

CMS: Change Management Service

CBS: Component Build Service ( http://<...>:50000 )

DTR: Design Time Repository ( http://<...>:<...>/dtr )

And in my NWDS i tried to import the development configurations but am getting this following error

com.sap.tc.devconf.SyncException: Could not create mountpoint for SC in compartment example.org_MYCOMPONENTS_1: Checking existence failed for /dtr/ws/SANDBOX/example.org_MYCOMPONENTS/dev/inactive(Forbidden [(pre||post)-condition failed: DAV:access-denied])

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.DTRClientErrorMapper.toSyncException(DTRClientErrorMapper.java:65)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.DevelopmentConfiguration.findOrCreateMountPointForSC(DevelopmentConfiguration.java:2759)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.DevelopmentConfiguration.createMountPointsForSCs(DevelopmentConfiguration.java:3047)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.DevelopmentConfiguration.goOnline(DevelopmentConfiguration.java:5216)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.DevelopmentConfigurationFactory.addConfiguration(DevelopmentConfigurationFactory.java:773)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.DevelopmentConfigurationFactory.addConfiguration(DevelopmentConfigurationFactory.java:698)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.DevelopmentConfigurationFactory.addConfiguration(DevelopmentConfigurationFactory.java:669)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.wizard.DevConfWizard.addDevConf(DevConfWizard.java:505)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.wizard.DevConfWizard.access$100(DevConfWizard.java:67)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.wizard.DevConfWizard$1.run(DevConfWizard.java:348)

at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:69)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.wizard.DevConfWizard.performFinish(DevConfWizard.java:346)

at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.finishPressed(WizardDialog.java:608)

at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed(WizardDialog.java:321)

at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$1.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:423)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:89)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:81)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:840)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:2022)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:1729)

at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:583)

at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:563)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.actions.DevConfNewMenuAction.openWizard(DevConfNewMenuAction.java:39)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.actions.DevConfNewMenuAction.run(DevConfNewMenuAction.java:33)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.runWithEvent(PluginAction.java:251)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WWinPluginAction.runWithEvent(WWinPluginAction.java:207)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:456)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:403)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$0(ActionContributionItem.java:397)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$ActionListener.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:72)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:1402)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.run(Workbench.java:1385)

at com.tssap.util.startup.WBLauncher.run(WBLauncher.java:79)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.InternalBootLoader.run(InternalBootLoader.java:858)

at org.eclipse.core.boot.BootLoader.run(BootLoader.java:461)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.startup.Main.basicRun(Main.java:291)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.startup.Main.run(Main.java:789)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.startup.Main.main(Main.java:607)

Caused by: com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.vfs.config.ConfigurationException: Checking existence failed for /dtr/ws/SANDBOX/example.org_MYCOMPONENTS/dev/inactive(Forbidden [(pre||post)-condition failed: DAV:access-denied])

at com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.vfs.config.impl.RepositoryServer.getRemoteCollection(RepositoryServer.java:432)

at com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.vfs.config.impl.RepositoryServer.getLowestExistingCollection(RepositoryServer.java:418)

at com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.vfs.config.impl.RepositoryServer.assureRemotePathExists(RepositoryServer.java:197)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.DevelopmentConfiguration.findOrCreateMountPointForSC(DevelopmentConfiguration.java:2749)

... 44 more

Caused by: com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.deltavlib.DeltavException: Forbidden [(pre||post)-condition failed: DAV:access-denied]

at com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.deltavlib.impl.DeltavCommand.checkResponseStatus(DeltavCommand.java:107)

at com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.deltavlib.impl.DeltavCommand.execute(DeltavCommand.java:68)

at com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.deltavlib.impl.AbstractResource$PropFinder.load(AbstractResource.java:1085)

at com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.deltavlib.impl.cache.HashmapPropCache.refresh(HashmapPropCache.java:244)

at com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.deltavlib.impl.AbstractResource.refresh(AbstractResource.java:657)

at com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.deltavlib.impl.ResourceLocatorFactoryImpl.createCollection(ResourceLocatorFactoryImpl.java:414)

at com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.deltavlib.impl.ResourceLocatorFactoryImpl.createCollection(ResourceLocatorFactoryImpl.java:183)

at com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.vfs.config.impl.RepositoryServer.getRemoteCollection(RepositoryServer.java:429)

... 47 more

Caused by:

[VFS version: 7.00 645_VAL_REL 0010 (2007-04-07 16:45:07 CEST)] com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.vfs.config.ConfigurationException: Checking existence failed for /dtr/ws/SANDBOX/example.org_MYCOMPONENTS/dev/inactive(Forbidden [(pre||post)-condition failed: DAV:access-denied])

at com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.vfs.config.impl.RepositoryServer.getRemoteCollection(RepositoryServer.java:432)

at com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.vfs.config.impl.RepositoryServer.getLowestExistingCollection(RepositoryServer.java:418)

at com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.vfs.config.impl.RepositoryServer.assureRemotePathExists(RepositoryServer.java:197)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.DevelopmentConfiguration.findOrCreateMountPointForSC(DevelopmentConfiguration.java:2749)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.DevelopmentConfiguration.createMountPointsForSCs(DevelopmentConfiguration.java:3047)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.DevelopmentConfiguration.goOnline(DevelopmentConfiguration.java:5216)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.DevelopmentConfigurationFactory.addConfiguration(DevelopmentConfigurationFactory.java:773)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.DevelopmentConfigurationFactory.addConfiguration(DevelopmentConfigurationFactory.java:698)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.DevelopmentConfigurationFactory.addConfiguration(DevelopmentConfigurationFactory.java:669)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.wizard.DevConfWizard.addDevConf(DevConfWizard.java:505)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.wizard.DevConfWizard.access$100(DevConfWizard.java:67)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.wizard.DevConfWizard$1.run(DevConfWizard.java:348)

at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:69)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.wizard.DevConfWizard.performFinish(DevConfWizard.java:346)

at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.finishPressed(WizardDialog.java:608)

at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed(WizardDialog.java:321)

at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$1.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:423)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:89)

at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:583)

at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:563)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.actions.DevConfNewMenuAction.openWizard(DevConfNewMenuAction.java:39)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.actions.DevConfNewMenuAction.run(DevConfNewMenuAction.java:33)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.runWithEvent(PluginAction.java:251)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WWinPluginAction.runWithEvent(WWinPluginAction.java:207)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:456)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:403)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$0(ActionContributionItem.java:397)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$ActionListener.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:72)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:1402)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.run(Workbench.java:1385)

at com.tssap.util.startup.WBLauncher.run(WBLauncher.java:79)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.InternalBootLoader.run(InternalBootLoader.java:858)

at org.eclipse.core.boot.BootLoader.run(BootLoader.java:461)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.startup.Main.basicRun(Main.java:291)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.startup.Main.run(Main.java:789)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.startup.Main.main(Main.java:607)

+++ Nested exception part 1/1

com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.deltavlib.DeltavException: Forbidden [(pre||post)-condition failed: DAV:access-denied]

at com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.deltavlib.impl.DeltavCommand.checkResponseStatus(DeltavCommand.java:107)

at com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.deltavlib.impl.DeltavCommand.execute(DeltavCommand.java:68)

at com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.deltavlib.impl.AbstractResource$PropFinder.load(AbstractResource.java:1085)

at com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.deltavlib.impl.cache.HashmapPropCache.refresh(HashmapPropCache.java:244)

at com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.deltavlib.impl.AbstractResource.refresh(AbstractResource.java:657)

at com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.deltavlib.impl.ResourceLocatorFactoryImpl.createCollection(ResourceLocatorFactoryImpl.java:414)

at com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.deltavlib.impl.ResourceLocatorFactoryImpl.createCollection(ResourceLocatorFactoryImpl.java:183)

at com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.vfs.config.impl.RepositoryServer.getRemoteCollection(RepositoryServer.java:429)

... 46 more

Is this error due to that import failure of sap.com_SAP-JEE, sap.com_SAP_BUILDT, sap.com_SAP_JTECHS. ? If so, what has to be done

May i know what are the things has been finished as of now...

Is the complete NWDI configuration is completed?

what should be done next i.e the things releated to development configurations (Track / Layered) .......

without doing any development configuration i was able to log in to development configuration prespective of NWDS and am getting the above error...

Thanks

Gopal

Edited by: Gopal Krishnasamy on Aug 29, 2008 11:18 AM

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

check the hosts file of workstation where NWDS is installed.

and create an ip hostname entry for your NWDI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

There is a ip hostname for NWDI Server in hosts file in the workstation...

Thanks

Gopal

Jordan_Stanchev
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

hi,

to congifure the NWDI you have to run the template "Initial setup of functional unit Development Infrastructure (DI all-in-one)". as described in the post installation documentation:

To start the Configuration Wizard, start the SAP NetWeaver Administrator and log on as an administrator. Choose Deploy and Change ® Configuration Wizard.

You have to choose the configuration task to execute from the list.

Select the configuration task Initial setup of functional unit Development Infrastructure (DI all-in-one).

Choose Start and follow the steps of the wizard.

The template you are using if for configuring a track for concrete type of development. To follow the how to guide for layered development you do not need that at all.

Jordan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Upon following the steps... i got the error during the configuration... Once i create SC and Product and click Next, in Step 96 / 96 Import Software Components Archives am getting the following error "Error : queue item is null" and options displayed are Retry, Skip, Cancel Process. What could be the problem?

Thanks

Gopal.

Jordan_Stanchev
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

1. What I want to know is: Is Post installation different from Team/Track/Layered Oriented. If yes then when does these come in to play. I want to implement Layered Oriented Setup.

no. you have to run the post installation once, to configure the CMS and DTR. then you can go on with the tutorials. there you will set the track in CMS.

2. I am having NWDI for SP14, but my system is upgraded to SP15 ... will there be any problem?

I guess not.

Regards, Jordan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

When i tried to configure NWDI from "http://<>:<>/nwa -

>deploy and Change ---> Change Management Service (CMS): Create an Application Skeleton

In Change Management Service it asks for CMS URL, User Name, Password, when i provide the same it displays the following error " Validation Error: Communication with the CMS failed. Ensure that the URL is correct, that the CMS is up an running, and that the given user has administrative access rights for the CMS"

1. How can i know whether "CMS is up an running" ?

2. Should my user name be activated any where? since NWDI_CMSADM is provided by the system.

3. Which Password should be provided, i have given certain password during the installtion... should the same be used here?

Next is... When i read this guide "[Creating NWDI track using NWA (Netweaver Administrator) template|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c05ae1f2-e2f8-2a10-a19d-c36ef0999ab3]"

Pre-requisites:

a.) System should be running with usage type AS-JAVA

b.) DICMS.SCA, DICBS.SCA and DIDTR*.SCA should be deployed

c.) The SP level of the system should be equal or above SP13

d.) Central or local SLD is configured with the system

DICMS.SCA, DICBS.SCA and DIDTR*.SCA files are found in following path in my system C:usrsap ransEPSinCMS<serverinstance>

what does deployment mean here? Should there be any deployment to be done seperately for these files? if yes the how?

Is SLD configuration mandatory? if yes please provide the steps required

Thanks

Gopal

Jordan_Stanchev
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You should first configure the NWDI - that is begin with the post installation. once you configure the NWDI, go and setup in CMS the track(s) and do all the preparation you development may require (users, authorizations for these users, address of the CMS, DTR server and so on).

After that in the Dev Studio, configure the SLD location and get the development configuraiton that would be genereated for you track, and import it in the developer studio.

then you can start with the development.

this is how things are supposed to be.

Jordan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. What I want to know is: Is Post installation different from Team/Track/Layered Oriented. If yes then when does these come in to play. I want to implement Layered Oriented Setup.

2. I am having NWDI for SP14, but my system is upgraded to SP15 ... will there be any problem?

Regards,

Gopal

Jordan_Stanchev
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

hi,

executing the post installation configuration should do all the needed setup steps(described in the post installation docu). Did you try it already?

Regards, Jordan

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, am having the doubt whether i should do the NWDI configuration according to Post Installation Steps or follow the steps given under team / track / layered oriented development configuration. or Should both has to be done? Or is there some other configurations to be done?

Thanks

Gopal