cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with web service transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We transported a ABAP web service which was created on SAP Netweaver 2007 to another SAP system which is updated with latest patches.There i observed that WSADMIN and WSCONFIG transactions are obsolete and SOAMANAGER is the new transaction which is to be used for this purpose.

Problem :

When i send a request to the web service from a .NET application, this request is some how not fully coming to the methods of the web service. Some part of it is being eaten up in the web service frame work layer. For example, while sending a request from .NET application i built an internal table of 'n' rows in .NET application but the web service method is receving only the first row. The remaing n-1 rows are missing. I face a similar kind of problem while sending data from ABAP web service method to .NET application.

I tried a similar thing using ALTOVA XML SPY. I got an error saying "Unable to deserialize" .

I can see the WSDL as same in both the servers.

After reading SAP Notes i understood there are quite a few changes made to web service frame work in the latest patches. I think the problem is with the web service frame work that has been changed.

Ideally, SAP should support the backward comaptibility and there should not be any problem in running this web service even on new framwork also.

Can any one tell me if i am correct ?

Thanks,

Srini.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

the referred thread has absoultely nothing to do with the problem in question!