cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP implementation query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

We are going to start an implementation project and have the following queries..

1.. Can more than one user log in into the system using the same username and password?

- 2. Will this amount to two users as per the license contract or would it still be treated as one user.

- 3. Clarification on the power user and end user licensing. What can which type of user do?

- 4. If I have a 100 user license can I create user number 101?

5.Hardware Sizing information for the SAP server

o Option 1 u2013 Intel (H/W)+ Windows (OS)+ MS SQL (DB)

o Option 2 u2013 Intel (H/W)+ AIX (OS)+ DB2 (DB)

- The number of application users would be around 100.

I would like to know which option we can go with so that we can run the project efficienty..

Regds,

Satyanarayana N.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyanarayana,

ANswers

1) Yes it is possible but you can restrict it by setting parameter login/disable_multi_gui_login to 1.

2)Multiple logons of the same user at the same terminal in the same client are counted only once. If the terminal will be different then it will be counted as different numbers.

4) I think you can create one additional user but the active user count can not exceed 100.

5) Hardware calculation you can do using link https://websmp207.sap-ag.de/sizing

Regards

Ashok

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can ask questions 1 to 4 to your SAP account manager.

Most of the statements above goes in direct violation of license agreement, specially the usage of one account for more than one user.

Same about hardware sizing... if you have no expirience sizing hardware you can use the sizing tool in Marketplace or consult you SAP Account Manager.

regards

Juan