cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mixed storage

Former Member
0 Kudos

storage type 916 is created and in that mixed storage is marked >>>this is mentioned in the movement type 201(Wm) and a bin is also mentioned there in destination

the interim storgae bin is created and gi is done via tc MB1A but while creating the to system gives the error that addition to stock is not allowed ??

my query is why do we need to allow the addition to stock in storage tyep 916 when i have activated the mixed strorage

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my unerstanding:

- mixed storage: several quants can be placed into one storage bin. (example: material1 batch1, material1 batch2, material2 batch3, etc - please notice that the parameters /material no. & batch/ are different here...)

- addition to existing stock: it means you can add goods to your already existing quant in a certain bin. (storage bin: material1 batch1 10 pcs, to-be-placed: material1 batch1 5 pcs > storage bin: material1 batch1 15 pcs - as you can see this differs from 'mixed storage' since material1 batch1 5 pcs wouldn't be a separate quant in the storage bin, because it has the same parameters as material1 batch1 10 pcs that is already in the storage bin)

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Aug 27, 2008 8:10 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

what you are saying is correct but the thing is that i have allowed th estorgae of diffent material or quant in same bin then why the system is giving me tthe error meassage that allowed storage is not activated (as it is not required)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

my query is why do we need to allow the addition to stock in storage tyep 916 when i have activated the mixed strorage

When you post GI you will get a negative quant in 916. If you process the belonging TR, a TO will be created that will move a quant of same attribute to 916.

E.g.:

916 material1 batch1 -10 pcs

you move from normal bin: material1 batch1 +10 pcs.

Mixed storage would cover this issue if you moved e.g. material1 batch2 +10 pcs to 916 (that would make no sense).

The fact is that you have to move material1 batch1 10 pcs to 916. Both quant (/- 10 pcs) have the same attributes, so SAP won't create 2 different quants in 916 (that issue would be covered by mixed storage) - you have to add quant of 10 pcs to existing quant of -10 pcs (and this is covered addition stock setting).

Csaba

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul.

The logic behind allowing the additional quatity is different from the logic behind allowing the mixed quantities.

1.if u have activated allow mixed storage type..system will allow u to keep the different materials in the same bin...for example Mat1,Mat2 are having different attributes,still u can place both the materials in the same bin.

2.where as allowing the additional quantity is something different..if u r getting an error saying that additional quantity is not allowed,it means that in put away strategies u have not activated,allow additional stock...or u r exceeding the bin capacity.

the purpose of allowing the additonal stock means,u can keep the stock in addition to the existing stock.

hope this makes u clear.

Thanks

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

The logic of addition of existing stock activation:

System will keep on adding the quantity in the same quant until the attribute of material is same i.e. same material number,batch,plant,stock type,stock category.

Mixed storage:

System will generate different quant numbers in the storage type for different attribute of material.

So when system finds same attribute material "Mixed storage" wont help until addition to existing stock is there.