SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is-Retail: Generic article/ variant creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have an article as below:

Merchadise category : Appearls

Article category: Generic

Article name : T shirt

Size : 40 and 42 cm

Color in 40 : Red and blue

Color in 42 : Green and blue

How to create article master in MM41. Any configuration is required for this. When I selected genetic article in MM41, i am getting a error message as "No characteristics could be determined for the generic article ".

Please help me with steps to create it.

Regards,

Ram

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bjoern_panter
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Starting point

In this case create 2 characetristics with CT04. The size is normal and you should use a CHAR10 as data type. You can use fixed values, becasue the number of sizes is limited.

For the COLOR use the OTHER value check and use the function WRF_CHAR_VAL*

Now create a MC with WG21. Now you have to decide if you use a char. rpofile or a direct assignment.

If the profile containing both characteristics can be reused for other MCs, then a profile is fine.

Create a profile assign the 2 characteristics and ensure you have set the relevanceindicator to value 2.

Now assign the profile to the MC.

Now start the TA WRFCHVAL, define here COLOR characetristic and select the right values. maintain all possible values like you need. Then use the gouping feature to organize the colors.

Now start MM41 for the MC. A popup window will force you to select a profile or not.

Generic articles can be created only in case you have variant creating characteristics.

regards

Björn

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram

First ensure the Merchandise hierachy tree has been created for ur requirement with the lower level of MC as Apparel . Create a Characteristic profile with characteristics SIZE & COLOR , and maintain Values 42,40 for Size & red , blue for COLOR as per ur requirement. Assign this profile to MC.

1. Create Characteristic Profile - CLWF- Assign Charactreistic & values

2. Assign Profile to MC - WG26

3. Create Artcile . MM41

Regards

Anis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anis,

Thanks for your input. Please tel if any tcode for creating Merc.hierarchy tree.The hierarchy levels will be as follows:

Level 1 - Fashions

level 2 - T-shirts

Level 3 - Appearels

Then MM41 create

Is it right ?

Regards,

Ram

0 Kudos

Yes..

1.Create Level1/Level2 i.e Fashion/T-shirt in ur case ..in CLWM

2.Create Level3 ie.Apparel in ur case, Always ur final Level..ie.bottom of the tree is Merchandise catergory

at WG21

3. Assign ur Level1( Fashion)/Level2 (T-shirt) to Level3(Apparel..ie. MC ) , Characteristics profile .at WG27

Regards

Anis

bjoern_panter
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Starting point

In this case create 2 characetristics with CT04. The size is normal and you should use a CHAR10 as data type. You can use fixed values, becasue the number of sizes is limited.

For the COLOR use the OTHER value check and use the function WRF_CHAR_VAL*

Now create a MC with WG21. Now you have to decide if you use a char. rpofile or a direct assignment.

If the profile containing both characteristics can be reused for other MCs, then a profile is fine.

Create a profile assign the 2 characteristics and ensure you have set the relevanceindicator to value 2.

Now assign the profile to the MC.

Now start the TA WRFCHVAL, define here COLOR characetristic and select the right values. maintain all possible values like you need. Then use the gouping feature to organize the colors.

Now start MM41 for the MC. A popup window will force you to select a profile or not.

Generic articles can be created only in case you have variant creating characteristics.

regards

Björn

0 Kudos

Hi Bjorn,

Thanks for your valuable notes. I would like to know the following about MC in article creation:

1. For single article(00) is it required to crate MC hierarchy ? Suppose I buy Chocolates. Can I create the article by assigning it article type and MC say snacks?

2. For Generic article we need to create Characteristics, Char profile and assignment with MC.

3. Is there any tran code to view MC hierarchy to article

Please suggest.

Regards

Ram

bjoern_panter
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

1. For single article(00) is it required to crate MC hierarchy ? Suppose I buy Chocolates. Can I create the article by assigning it article type and MC say snacks?

You need at least a MC to assign an article. MC hierarchy is not needed at all.

With WG21 you create a MC and call it SNACKS

With MM41 you create an article and select the MC snacks. Thas all.

Of course, if you have not assigned characteristics to the MC or there is no assignment to a profile, then you will not have to maintain characteristic assignments in the basic data screen.

2. For Generic article we need to create Characteristics, Char profile and assignment with MC.

generic articles need in all cases at least 1 variant creating characteristic. The type will be defined in MC or in profile. As soon as you link a characteristic to the MC or the profile you have to select the value 2 as relevancy type.

As soon as you create a fresh generic article, a matrix will pop up with all valid values.

3. Is there any tran code to view MC hierarchy to article

WGUS

0 Kudos

Hi Bjorn,

Many thanks for your answers.

Regards

Ram

0 Kudos

Hi to all,

I am new to Retail and found this discussion. It's old but it is very useful in my retail issue. I was preparing for Generic Article creation.

I created Merchandise Category and assign to hierarchy

I created Characteristic and characteristic profile

I assigned Characteristic profile to the Merchandise Category

When the time i used MM41 there was a pop up menu and i input the information and press enter and back (F3)

there is a message " You must define at least one variant-creating characteristic".

What is this message all about and how can i resolve this.

Best Regards,

Ber