cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends!!!

Can someone throw some light on how to use BOM concept in SD module. I am selling material made in FERT material type. this has item category group ERLA. This main item has 8-10 sub items. The BOM is maintained in CS01. It has 10 sub items under bom. it is maintained for a particular plant with usage 5. all the sub items created in material master are having item cat group LUMF. These sub items are created in semifinished naterial type. item cat for the main item is TAQ and sub item is TAP.

Now, when i create a quotation, I enter the main item. which in turn should explode the bom in sales quotation. Pricing should happen on main item. but it doesn't happen so.

Can anyone help me?

Amol

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

As per standard SAP Practice Sales Bom Explosion in Quotation is not supported, You need to look at the Item category determination of Sales order and copy the similar set in case of Quotation to make this happen.

Copy the entire set to quotation and replace the item categories to that of Quotation from Sales Order.

Hope this is useful.

Thanks & Regards,

Dnyandeo H. Ainarkar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

safeer_rahman2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amol..

Create the main material Item category group LUMF and other sub items with NORM item cateory . Now ,Go to Tcode CS01 and create the BOM...

Hope it should work..

Thanks,

Safeer Rahman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Normally , BOM explosion is supported in the Sales order,so it may not happen in Quotation in standard settings.

While mintaining BOM in CS01, maintain it as stock material "L".

In the Item category (VOV7), in the "Structure scope" field put the value "A" i.e, single level explosion or Multilevel explosion "B" as applicable.

Set your Item category determination in customisation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for giving me inputs regarding BOM.