Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems during uninstalling Dev Wkplace

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I had installed the developer workplace SP15 on my Win XP SP2 laptop. This is my personal laptop. As per the installation instructions i had initially installed the MS Loopback Adapter. The complete installation went smoothly and i have been using it since.

However today when i started to uninstall it I started getting the error

<b><i>WARNING 2006-01-22 10:13:31

The subkey 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NSCService' does not exist on the 'localhost' host.

ERROR 2006-01-22 10:13:31

MOS-01185 The subkey 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NSCService' does not exist on the 'localhost' host.

WARNING 2006-01-22 10:13:31

The step setDefaults with step key UNINSTALL_DesktopEngine|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|UNINSTALL_WEBAS|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|setDefaults was executed with status ERROR.</i></b>

I searched the forum and there were a few replies from people who had faced this problem. Mostly everybody suggested that this is related to authorization issues. Hence i gave complete authorizations to Administrator user to all keys in registry. However it is still giving error.

This key <b>NSCService</b> exists in the registry at the specified location. However this key belongs to Norton Antivirus which has been installed on my machine. I had installed Norton Antivirus after installing my Dev Workplace.

I also used a Registry Monitoring tool to view why this fails. The monitoring tool showed that the uninstallation process contacts the registry with request "CreateKey" and the response returned is "Access Denied" for the Administrator user.

Please do provide your valuable suggestions as to how i can uninstall and install the newer version. I found that this error also comes during installation process.

Regards

Sidharth

p.s.:

I tried stopping the antivirus service and tried to uninstall. It does not work.

As per my understanding the prolem is that the uninstallation is trying to create the key called NSCService. However the key already exists and it gives access denied error.

The error message given however does not support as this gives the message no such KEY exists. However i used a registry monitor and i found that a CreateKey request is being made.

Please help me as i am not able to install or uninstall the Dev Wkplace.

Message was edited by: Sidharth Deshpande

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi - I have the same problem - error message

enough RAM

NTFS partiion

enough Diskspace

JCE

JDK

How did you already solve your installation problems?

best regards

Rainer Zeband

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi - in the meantime I uninstalled Symantec Internet Security and installed other firewall and antivir tools. After that software change on my system the installation ob the "web AS preview install " didn't interrup anymore.

See this topic.

best regards

Rainer