cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule Lines for TATX items

mike_rupp
Participant
0 Kudos

I know that by default, schedule lines are not active for TATX (text) items in sales documents.

I'm also pretty sure that this option is not valid even if you activate it in the IMG.

Can anybody tell me:

1) Is my statement above correct ?

2) If so, why are schedule lines not allowed for TATX items.

3) Is there any way around this limitation ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

1) By default schedule lines are not active for text items. Scheduled lines are active only for items which have physical delivery.Usually, items that do not have schedule lines cannot be copied into a delivery. Text items are an exception.

2) You can create text items with or without schedule lines. With or without schedule lines, text items can be copied into a delivery. You can change this in SD Customizing when you define item information.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sivanand

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

mike_rupp
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks to everyone for your help on this question.

Here are my conclusions. I hope they help others as well:

1) In the definition of item category TATX, the item type is B (text item).

2) Activating the "Sched.Line Allowed" indicator is a bad idea because while it does allow you to enter multiple schedule lines in the sales order, you can only do a single delivery. I believe this is being controlled by the item type B.

3) Working with the schedule line category CT, the indicator "Item rel.f.dlv." does not solve the problem described in conclusion 2 above.

4) My solution was to copy item category TAX (Non-stock Item) to ZTAX (Non-stock Free Item), and edit it to remove pricing and assign the incompletion procedure 24 (Free of Charge Item).

With this new item category:

- You don't have to have any inventory

- You can have as many schedule lines as you want.

- All of the schedule lines work in the delivery

- You don't have to have a net price.

- I think you can add a net price if you want to.

Thanks again.

mike_rupp
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your input so far. Perhaps you'll be kind enouth to stick with me a little more.

Let me expalin what my user is doing:

In the IMG configuration of our system, schedule lines were activated for TATX item category, however it still does not work as expected.

User enters a quantity of deliverable product on line item 1 with item category of TAN.

User creates a delivery schedule for line item 1 using schedule lines (category CP).

For line item 2, user wants to send "DOCUMENTATION" for each schedule line.

"DOCUMENTATION" exists in our SAP system as a material master, but no stock exists.

User enters a quantity of DOCUMENTATION on line item 2 with item category TATX.

User creates delivery schedule for line item 2. (auto populates sched category CT).

When delivery is created, the first schedule line for both items works fine.

For subsequent deliveries, line item 1 continues to work, but the line item 2, DOCUMENTATION material does not show up.

I suspect that we are trying to use the TATX item category differently than it was intended, and that some other method would be a better fit for making deliveries of non-stocked material.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

For item catg TATX, we need to check the 'Relevant for delivery' field. Only then item will be copied into the delivery. Item type to be B, text item.

Else you can also use the TAX item catg. TAX items are non-stock items. We just enter the quantity in delivery or order. Schedule lines are anyway active for the TAX items. Also check the 'Relevant for Delivery' Field.

Maintain schedule line catg as CX. For which you select Relevant for delivery in CX. Movement type will be 601. Assign CX to TAX.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We do not maintain any stock for Text item and also nothing physical delivery is required /related for Text items, so schedule lines are also not relevant .

You will find a field "Delivery Relevance" In the Item category. This field is exclusively meant for those items which do not have Schedule line e.g Text Item.

For other items which are to be delivered physically,this delivery relevance field is not meant for them. For those material, there is schedule line and the "Delivery relevance" field in their "Schedule line category" must be activated to make the item physically delivered.

In my view, you just activate the delivery relevance field in the Item category TATX only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Mike

The text items are those which are not manufactured as a part of the standard products of the company

the examples maybe doucmentation , some coplimentary items being sent

these have no effect on the MRP , and have no schedule lines therfore to sepak of

the standard item vcategory therfore does not contain the schedule lines for these due to above reasons

for your query of work around , you may always go to customisation and in item category configuration

VOV6, you may swicth on the schedules after which you tatx item category would have the schedules lines activated in them

therfore they can be activated as per your cleints requiremenst

hope this helps

thanks

akasha