cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Management report - Role analysis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

So here's my issue, I inadvertently scheduled a role analysis without specifying the project roles which are about 200 +. Thus, role analysis under the management report view constantly shows the results of the analysis of about 2000 + roles which is a combination of both SAP delivered roles and project roles. Every subsequent batch and full syncs I've scheduled seemingly gets aggregated with the initial sync which has all the SAP delivered roles.

Question.

1. I understand I have to purge the database at the backend. The basis team strongly advices against this. Can I possibly purge the role analysis in the CC front end? What are my options here? I only want to see the role analysis of our 200 + project developed roles.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Adewale,

I already encountered this issue... as you suggested, the only way to manage it is to delete mgt view data at the CC side, here is a little SQL script that might help you to do this. Be very careful since this will delete all data within the management view therefore deleting all your history ! Otherwise you can try to customize these line to delete only a period of time (check table structure).

I strongly suggest you to check with you BASIS team first and perform a backup prior to any changes in database.

These lines can be executed using SQLPLUS or any equivalent tool (but not the debug interface).

delete from is usually SAPSR3DB.

Keep us informed.

Jérôme.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As you said "I only want to see the role analysis of our 200 + project developed roles"

So I hope while creating these project developed roles, you must have followed a naming convention in order to differentiate these roles from SAP standard roles.

The general practice is to keep the first two or three letters of all custom roles common, suppose if you have all custom roles names starts with Z or z in this case you have to just

Go to Role level Risk Analysis

Select your targeted system

In Role value help just put z*

select your options further as per your requirement and do the analysis.

You will get analysis report of all those roles which stars with z.

This is how you can perform role analysis for custom roles.

Best Regards,

Amol bharti

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am able to perform the role level risk analysis with the custom developed roles for the project.

However, the issue I'm alluding to is the with the role analysis on the management view. The graph keeps showing the aggregated analysis of all the roles in my system which includes my custom roles and SAP delivered roles. I also don't get a graph when I point to a different client that has been configured.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Adewale,

I understand your requirement, please check the following.

There are two ways to see Role based Risk Analysis, and both depends upon your requirements.

1) Suppose, You have a requirement to see consolidated Role based Risk Analysis of a particular system. That means you want to generate a report for all the roles and want to see which roles are violating, mitigated, critical, high, medium and low in your system. For this you can go to Informer tab and generate Role based Risk Analysis Report.

In this report the advantage is that you get a pie chart and bar graph. But you can not generate reports on the basis of some particular roles, because there is no such functionality provided in CC 5.2

2) In other case if you wish to generate a Role based Risk Analysis report by specifying a condition like (z*), Here you also have option to select Report Type, risk Level etc but yes, there is no functionality to see the result in graphs or charts in CC 5.2

So in both ways your requirement to generate project roles risk analysis report in graph format can not be achieved. For this you only have two options.

1. Raise an enhancement request to SAP Support.

2. To go with the second option mentioned above, select report type to be management summary and export the results to excel and generate graphs manually.

I understand this is painful.

Best Regards,

Amol Bharti