cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call a web service in ABAP - how to do LPCONFIG?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have searched through OSS, SAP help and SDN - and I see the answer if I call a web service from Java - but I cannot find the answer if I call a web service through normal ABAP in R/3.

I apologize if I am asking the same question again or if it is already there and I am just overlooking it.

I am creating a client proxy in R/3 to call an outside web service through ABAP.

I create the client proxy in our test system using SE80.

I create a logical port using LPCONFIG to point at the test web service on the other system.

I code the ABAP program - and everything works great.

I transport the client proxy - and I transport the LPCONFIG information.

Now I get into production - when I do transaction LPCONFIG to change the URL of the web service to be their production web service URL instead of their test web service URL - it asks for the system to be opened.

Like it wants to create a transport. The basis people would have to open the system to be modified. Which at least in our shop is not something we do.

Here is the error:

Message no. TK430

The system administrator has set your logon client to the 'not modifiable' status.

Client-specific objects can not be changed in this client.

Contact the system administrator.

For more information, see the SAP Library under Change and Transport System.

For an ABAP program in R/3 using a client proxy - how do I call a test service in our test r/3 system and a production web service in production R/3 system without changing my ABAP code?

Should this be done through LPCONFIG?

Or what am I missing?

Thanks for your help.

Scott Overmeyer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

Please refer to following URL

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/16/285d32996b25428dc2eedf2b0eadd8/content.htm

I think you are using the second of the following 3 approaches mentioned in above documentation and so credential configuration is not available at run-time.

Please check if this is helpful to you. If you have already looked at this then please ignore this message.

There are three ways of configuring the call address of the Web service:

● As HTTP destination: Select an RFC destination of type G (HTTP connection to an external server) or type H (HTTP connection to the SAP System) from transaction SM59. The HTTP destination approves the configuration of the logon procedure, encryption, and state management. This is the preferred access procedure.

As URL: The URL of the Web service is written to the corresponding input field when you create the logical port. The disadvantage of this procedure is that, with the exception of the URL, no other parameters for logging on, encryption, or state management can be configured. This is possible only for Web services that do not require a logon procedure, encryption, or state management.

● As local path prefix: This access procedure is only intended for accessing your own system. Here you call the default RFC destination NONE to address your own server. The specified local path prefix is used to identify the called Web service.

Regards,

Vandana.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

abishek,

each of those links is completely unrelated to the original question. you made me hit the abuse button for the very first time ever.

anton