cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to safeguard data archiving

Former Member
0 Kudos

We just tested some data archiving jobs in FI and SD modules in our TEST systems.

We are going to move to the PROD system.

Because the PROD is quite different from the TEST, so we are NOT sure if the variants will remove the useful data OR not.

Those variants are well tested in TEST only.

We cannot afford to clone a PROD for testing the variants.

Do you know any way to guarantee no useful data will be removed?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you know any way to guarantee no useful data will be removed?

Simple Answer, NO.

Why don't you do a clone of your prod system in top of your test system?... my recommendation as specially with archiving is to test in deep before proceding with production.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

We can clone the PROD. However, it may take too long for functional people to verify everything.

Is there any quick way to verify no useful data is removed?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've done several data archiving projects and I can assure you that, each time, if we did not test on a production clone, we would have deteleted too much data in the the production system.

IMHO, it is much too dangerous to archive directly on the production system...

Regards,

Olivier

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We can clone the PROD. However, it may take too long for functional people to verify everything.

In my opinion is time well spend

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kelly

I think you can do archiving in test mode before actual run.

Then why do you need to ensure that everything will be allright after production run of archiving.

No body can guarantee your data will be archived or removed successfully and that is why we do the simulation (test) without deleting the data and then actual (production)run.

Thanks

Amit