cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection problem when used SAP JRA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting following exceptions could you help me what is the roor cause. Is it required to close the connection after using it from connector service? If yes what is the steps to close the connection?

Cannot get connection for 10 seconds. Possible reasons: 1) Connections are cached within SystemThread(can be any server service or any code invoked within SystemThread in the SAP J2EE Engine), 2) The pool size of adapter "job/SAPJRAFactory" is not enough according to the current load of the system or 3) The specified time to wait for connection is not enough according to the pool size and current load of the system. In case 1) the solution is to check for cached connections using the Connector Service list-conns command, in case 2) to increase the size of the pool and in case 3) to increase the time to wait for connection property. In case of application thread, there is an automatic mechanism which detects unclosed connections and unfinished transactions

Thanks,

With best regards,

Suresh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

SB9
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is required to close the connection after using it. you should release the connection back to the JRA pool for other application to use. this is usually done in the finally block.

Thanks,

S-B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks alot S-B for your reply.

Actually I also tried to close the connection . It is resulting in following exception. If I run load test without closing the connection/ with closing the connections getting the error which is there in my first post. Could you tell me how to manage these connections.

Exception stack trace com.sap.mw.jco.jra.JRA$ResourceException: Connection handle is already closed and no longer associated with a managed connection

at com.sap.mw.jco.jra.JRA$ConnectionImpl.assertConnection(JRA.java:4080)

at com.sap.mw.jco.jra.JRA$ConnectionImpl.close(JRA.java:4281)

Thanks,

With best regards,

Suresh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Suresh,

If you are using NW2004s SP12 (or NW2004 SP20), please check SAP Note 1083348 : "Connection handle is already closed"

Sébastien.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Anup Verma,

Thanks for your reply. I am using application server 6.4. Could you post related links to 6.4?

Thanks in advance,

With best regards,

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I would appreciate the reply to my post.

Thanks ahead,

With best regards,

Suresh.