cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xMII & SAP Related

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When I execute a transaction in SAP, the system shows several information and warning messages (some on the menu bar at the bottom and some through pop-up windows) before finally executing the transaction. On the other hand, when I execute the same transaction using xMII through a BAPI call, I do not get any information or warning messages. I get the final output message. Can somebody explain how to go about this? Thanks.

Regards,

V M.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you be more specific? What BAPI? What transaction? How are you executing the transaction with the BAPI? is it custom?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good questions. I am working with the standard BAPI, 'BAPI_PROCORDCONF_CREATE_TT'. The corresponding SAP transaction is CO11N. The key input parameter for the BAPI is 'Confirmation #' besides other fields such as 'Yield', 'Scrap' etc. Thanks.

Regards,

V M.

Edited by: V M on Aug 26, 2008 11:08 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well calling that BAPI and running the transaction are two different things. One is a robust SAP GUI APP and the other is just an API to some functionality. Basically if its not output by the BAPI you can't see it, and in that context probably doesn't exist. I guess you could write a cutom RFC that calls the transaction and maybe get what you need that way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Makes sense. Could you provide some initial thoughts on how to write a custom RFC that calls a SAP transaction? Are you talking about a custom BAPI?

Regards,

V M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I could, but it would be kinda out of scope for this forum, and my ABAP skills are a little rusty. Ask around in the ABAP forums. Executing transactions programmatically via ABAP is pretty common.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Venki,

The key input to that BAPI is not necessarily the Confirmation #. The confirmation # is set in SAP and tied to the order number and operation step (in most cases). You can leave the confirmation number blank and use the Order number and Operation number as the inputs. SAP will figure out what the confirmation number is from that information. When you have executed the BAPI successfully, it will return the confirmation number and counter (to account for multiple partial confirmations).

A custom BAPI is not required, just better knowledge of how the standard ones behave. Spend some time with the BAPI or SE37 transaction in SAP seeing how they work before building anything in MII. Once you have it working there, then build the transaction. But remember that both the BAPI and SE37 forms take care of pre-pending zeroes to the front of Order numbers (and batch, material, etc.).

A custom BAPI is not a bad idea in general. They usually are simpler, smaller, and a little faster. But make sure you really need it before spending the time building it.

Good luck,

Mike