cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X path Condition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helllo folks,

I am having a doubt in X-Path .. As we will assign a field in the condition editor. if that field is having multiple occurences ... then will it check all the occurences of that field .... i mean if i am assigning the same field to two recevers .... if both the cases are correct i mean the conditions are true then will the message triggered to both the receivers. please let me know

Regrads,

Ramana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>i mean if i am assigning the same field to two recevers

Xpath is based upon the message structure of sender system,not on the receiver structure.so even if you assign a field to multiple receivers it wont matter.

>>if that field is having multiple occurences

In this case it depends how you have specified the condition in Expression editor,if you have selected the option "Multiline" then it will take all the values in a list (which are coming due to multiple occurences) and even if one value matches,it will be considered as true.Its kind of like comparing in an array

If you have single occurence of the field,then dont select "multiline"

Here is an excerpt from help.sap

The condition <Expression>=a is interpreted differently, depending on whether <Expression> is a single or multiline expression:

<Expression>is a simple expression: <Expression> is equal to a

<Expression>is a multiline expression: <Expression> is a list that contains the value a

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ab/13bf7191e73a4fb3560e767a2525fd/frameset.htm

Thanx

Aamir

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

hemant_chahal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you assign multiline then all the occurences will be checked for each receiver so both can get data and if you dont use multilne only first occurence will be chekced for determining the receiver.

so only one can get data but according to first occurence.

Thanks,

Hemant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can any body guide me that where can i assign the multi line option in the condition of receiver determination

As i didn't found that option in receiver determinaion. please let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the image for expression editor in this blog

It shows where is "Multiline" option in Receiver determination.

Aamir

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I am having a doubt in X-Path .. As we will assign a field in the condition editor. if that field is having multiple occurences ... then will it check all the occurences of that field .... i mean if i am assigning the same field to two recevers .... if both the cases are correct i mean the conditions are true then will the message triggered to both the receivers. please let me know

That is correct. The xpath in receiver determination is treated as in existence check. If any occurrence of the field contains the assigned value, the receiver determination is true.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

ignore my comment

Edited by: Anand on Aug 26, 2008 10:23 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes.

If the condition is true for given receiver it will trigger the message.

But check that you have provided AND condition or OR condition.

check this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/43/a513f2632c332ce10000000a11466f/content.htm

If you want to specify a new condition for forwarding the message to a receiver, in the table in the Display/Edit Receiver Determination editor in the Configured Receivers frame, choose Insert New Condition ()

Select Insert New condition and give same condition for both the receivers. It will work.

Thanks,

Beena.