cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business case for different solution manager scenarios

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've been asked to try and demonstrate how the different scénarios in solution manager would lead to tangible ($$$$) benefits to our organisation. Now I've seen tons of high level benefits of implementing different solution manager scenarios but nothing tangible.

Does anyone have any suggestions or documentation that could help me go from these intangible to actual $$ figure savings in our organisation ?

Thank you.

Thierry

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thierry,

I haven't seen anything but it all depends on your organization and its problems.

If you spend 100 hours moving transports a month because of a system that is slow, requires a lot of rework and has paperwork sitting on people's desk, but you can do it in 50 hours with ChaRM, then you can talk about the ROI.

If you use emails to report problems with the system and the average time to fix it is 6 hours, but with service desk you think you can cut it down to 3 hours because of the auto-assignment of the correct support team, then you can talk about an ROI.

Take the high level ones you read about, compare them to the issues you are having. Make some assumptions about the time benefits and go with it. There are so many variables that the numbers probably wouldn't translate to your company anyway.

Hope this helps somewhat.

regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your help.

I've found the presentation called "Solution Manager Value Proposition". This was pretty close to what I was looking for. With standard gains you can get through each of the phases (implementation, operations, optimisation) , you can sort of make up a road map of what will lead to the most benefits for your organisation.

Also, in the rampup for solution manager 7.0 (http://service.sap.com/rkt) there is a section for presales and IT manager... this has interesting documents.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just a quick follow-up on this.

We actually had a session with experts in each process covered by solution manager.

We presented solution manager to them and had each of them project concrete benefits.

This was how we calculated our business case.

Thierry

Answers (0)