cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adapter Engine(decentral) or PCK over Internet ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

In our scenario we have to be decide to choice between

<b>1.XI with PCK;</b>

and

<b>2.XI with decentral AE over Internet.</b>

Integration Server has been configured to be seen over Internet.

Location of business System is out of the Integration Server LAN and is a local station protected by it's firewall.

My question is

How can we can integrate this system in a XI Scenario in bidirectional way? using Decentral AE or PCK ?

Thanks,

Bogdan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can be a real solution an integration scenario having decentral adapters engine installed in subsidiaries to be integrated with the headquarter(IS)?

Thx,

Bogdan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bogdan -

A lot of this really depends on the organizational and security policies. Typically, communication over the internet would require a PCK solution since the PCK business partner/subsidiary is not within the internal network/intranet of the XI server.

If this is not an obstacle, as you seem to imply (not sure), than you want to consider that the decentral adapter engine still allows you the benefits of central configuration, administration, and monitoring whereas the PCK does not. However, without knowing all the requirements, it sounds more like a PCK scenario.

Regards,

Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jin,

More thx ; It is a vpn solution( providing a intranet environment) , so real problem is about the autonomy of decentral engine in case of network failures and few bandwith(max 64kb/s) , and if the integration scenario will be routing stored messages in IS after crash.

Best regards,

Bogdan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bogden -

The decentral adapter engine is deployed on top of a full J2EE engine, so it's a rather heavy solution. However, the benefits are that it inherits the full features of the engine such as scalability, clustering, thread management.

A decentral adapter engine will also have its own queuing and persistence layer so if the Integration Server is down, you still maintain guaranteed delivery.

However, bandwidth(max 64kb/s) looks like a potential problem, especially if you have large messages in your scenario(s) - even more so with large flat files converted to XML, since usually the resulting XML size is a multiple of the original flat file size. If the files aren't so large, maybe not a big deal.

Best regards,

Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jin,

But for central monitoring functions, the bandwidth could be a problem?

Thx

Bogdan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bogden -

It's hard for me to say, since I've never tried it over the bandwidth restriction you have mentioned.

I have a local decentral adapter engine on my laptop and typically I'm connected using a vpn connection to SAP. I would estimate my connection to be at least 100KB(kilobytes)/s to 150KB/s on average which is about .8 to 1.2Mb(megabits/s). When you state, kb/s not sure if you meant bits or bytes (I assume bytes). In any case, for me, monitoring functionality wasn't a problem.

Not exactly apples to apples, so for you, again, I really can't say.

Best regards,

Jin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help Jin,

Best Regards ,

Bogdan