cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass configuration of standard ES Bundle ESA Add-On 603

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All:

We have recently installed and activated the ECC-SE ESA add-on 603 on our SAP ERP 7.0 SP14 with soamanager transaction. I have checked that the add-on, I believe, it is most likely well installed. At least, when I execute the SPROXY transaction and I search for the enterprise service definitions, I can found them all. (All the standard services included on the add-on).

I have activated on the SICF all the services included on the /default_host/sap/bc/srt/xip/sap/ route, and I have also activated the services for the SOA application manager, where I can successfully enter.

I have reviewed many documentation available on the SDN but I cannot find how to create a real mass configuration of the standard services included on the ES Bundle. I have reviewed the documentation available at http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/47/3431de6c720aa7e10000000a114a6b/frameset.htm , and execute most of the steps included but the documentation is not very good.

I have entered on the SOAMANAGER transaction and access to the +Technical Configuration / Profile Management +, where I have created a default profile or at least after some attemps it has appeared. I have reviewed all the profile characteristics at seems the correct thing to do.

1.Create the DEFAULT_PROFILE.

Later I entered on the Mass Configuration, where you can create a configuration scenario, selecting all the service you want to configure. Here I created a test scenario where I selected some test services such as detailed_flight_info_get, businesspartner.. and so on. Later you save it and you active the configuration scenario.

I had to assign each one of them to the profile I previously created in order to configured them. My question:

Is there is a way to skip or to automate this step or I have to manually assign all the 600 services included on the ES Bundle to the default profile in order to "mass configure" them.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to install it over ECC 6.0 SP16 or higher, lower versions have a lot of issues

This issue was resolved appliying notes.

Kind regards

Gonzalo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm having the same problem.

I implemented support pack 17 and still can't get the mass configuration to work.

Could you give me more details on how you got it working?

Cheers,

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all:

I have entered on the ES Workplace site and see how configurations are for SOA MANAGER there, I have opened a standard service similar to the one I am trying to configure and I see that it has no services or endpoint either.

Object Status: Services: 0 / Endpoints: 0

Porttype Namespace: http://sap.com/xi/EA-APPL/SE/Global

Porttype Name: MaintenanceOrderCreateRequestConfirmation_In

Internal Name: ECC_MAINTENANCEORDERCRTRC

SOAP Applikation: URN:SAP-COM:SOAP:XMS:APPLICATION:XIP

Package Name: PLM-SE_EAM_XI_PROXY

So I am a little bit disoriented, I have seem that if I go to WSCONFIG and WSADMIN all the services are there. This makes sense as this is an upgraded version and the services where already created using these transactions. Nonetheless, I am still disoriented I cannot find relation between the soamanager and the wsconfig / wsadmin transactions.

Frankly, I am starting to believe that I should release the services with the WSCONFIG / WSADMIN, and forget about the soamanager until SAP create a meaningful guide of how to work with this application as currently it makes no sense at all.

Or perhaps there is a how-to of the configuration steps to perform once a ES Bundle has been activated.

kind regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

I have reviewing some addtional documentation in order to find a solution. I have seem that in some occassional situations, it is still recommended by SAP to use WSCONFIG and WSADMIN transactions; however, I would like to use the SOAMANAGER as it is recommended for ECC 6.0 SPS14

It is a way to mass configure the service and the service definition. I have test it with the mass configuration step but it is not working either. I does not create the service endpoint.

Kind regards

Gonzalo Perez-Prim López