cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

class type A & L (exclude from client sizing??)

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

When running the report rsspacecheck to estimate client size for the purpose of client copy

should the master and transaction data = class type A and class type L (tables for temp. data) be excluded from the sizing estimate?

I would think not? if I were to make a client copy of our existing productive / 'golden client' I would think that ALL data needs to be included in the estimate?

maria

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The best way to identify size of client is, carry out a client copy test run in another client in the system to analyze the system resources.

also check Note 118823 - CC-ADMIN: Size of a client

regards,

kaushal

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

I had run the sizing excersize according to note 118823 , and included class type A & L objects.

The size I come up with indicates that this number is for only pure data (we are not a large SAP install, but soon to be as we are migrating PSOFT HR , Payroll , TIme & Labour to SAP HCM)

Then, is it correct to take the result of this ie (Free = 0 size(KB) 13587800 NoTbles = 6915

and this should be the additional disc storage that will be consumed by creating a client copy of our client 200 (this is where I did the estimate from)

I have also run the test of the client copy... this seems to take a very long time, I don't remember seeing any results indicating estimated size? the only results I remember seeing is that the client copy can be done...

Maria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check the client copy log in SCC3 with details.

regards,

kaushal

Answers (0)