Hi,

We patched our sandbox from sps9 to sps11, but unfortunately we did not

success doing it in prodcution. We have production servers CI export

and offline backup ( we do not have DB export ) of SPS9, Please suggest

can we reproduce our production system in to sandbox using CI export

and offlinebackup of SPS9.

If it is, then please suggest the way through which we proceed and get

it as early as possible.

Thanking your for your eraliest help and response.

Regards,

Nizam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

edit: ok, I was confused by what you said before. I think you are asking "how to create a sandbox from backup of production".

First, I'm not sure if SAP has a tool to simpily change the SID, server names, system number, etc.

To do this, you'll have a lot of fun (sarcastic):

1. Restore offline backup from production to sandbox.

2. Make sure your database permission fro SAP<sandboxSID>DB is set right. Manually copy the permissions from the production database server just to be sure.

3. Change all objects in the database from SAP<productionSID>DB schema to SAP<sandboxSID>DB.

4. If the user SAP<productionSID>DB exists in the database, you can drop it at this time. All object schemas should've been converted to SAP<sandboxSID>DB

5. Run the config tool, click no when asked to use default DB credentials. In the DB login information page, change the server from production to sandbox. Change the user from SAP<productionSID>DB to SAP<sandboxSID>DB.

4. Close config tool and open again, try to connect. This is the first step, you MUST be able to connect successfully.

5. You now need to go through ALL entries in Java Administrator and Config Tool, to ...

- Change all references to the production application server name to the sandbox server name.

- Change all references to the production database server name to sandbox server name.

- Change all reference to SAP<prodcutionSID>DB schema to SAP<sandboxSID>DB schema.

- If the system number is different, you must locate all port, system number, etc. and change them too.

6. Lastly, there are some .config and .properties file in the cluster folder in the kernel directories. You must ...

- Change all references to the production application server name to the sandbox server name.

- Change all references to the production database server name to sandbox server name.

- Change all reference to SAP<prodcutionSID>DB schema to SAP<sandboxSID>DB schema.

- If the system number is different, you must locate all port, system number, etc. and change them too.

Gripe to SAP: What the H guys ... ABAP = 4 places where I have to change when I shuffle systems around. JAVA = like 4 million places. Why why why why why why!!!!! Bang head on table

Edited by: Kevin Lin on Aug 26, 2008 10:33 AM

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the hostname and SID of the system is the same as on the backup then it should be smooth to just restore everything, bring up the database and start the engine(s).

> Gripe to SAP: What the H guys ... ABAP = 4 places where I have to change when I shuffle systems around. JAVA = like 4 million places. Why why why why why why!!!!! Bang head on table

lol

The problem is not "SAP" in this case but the "Java standard". Java spreads its property files all over the nested filesystem structures - deep structures...

If you do copies using sapinst, it does all the magic changing... well, almost all

I wonder one thing: If Java was really so standard, why does every bigger software on the planet bring its own JRE with it (e. g. Oracle installer, OEM)? Build once - debug everywhere?

Markus