cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecast Values appear negative in SNP Planning Book

Former Member
0 Kudos

All - This is a new implementation of SCM 2007 and I am having the following problem:

- Forecast appears as negative in the SNP Planning Book (both in Standard SAP provided 9ASNP94 and the copy I created)

Things tried:

1. I created the forecast in RRP3 and it appeared as negative in the SNP Planning Book. The SNP heuristic did not recognize this as demand and hence did not create any receipt elements

2. I thought maybe SCM 2007 is different so I made the Forecast Keyfigure Input/ Output and entered the value directly in the keyfigure. Whether I enter positive value or negative, both become negative, therefore didnt work.

3. Now I asked my Demand Planning team to complete the configuration so I can release and check if the same problem exists, nothing changed, positive forecast from DP comes as a negative value in SNP Forecast keyfigure.

Another thing I tried after all this was change the horizons and check if PPDS works, The PPDS Heuristic indeed works and gave me the correct Receipt elements as desired. Therefore the issue seems to be only with the SNP Book where the negative forecast is considered a receipt by the heuristics and by the macros calculating Stock On Hand, etc.

Any ideas on why this would happen, I have checked with atleast half a dozen SNP Consultants but no body had any clues, why this was happening. Anyone who has implemented SCM 2007 and seen a similar problem maybe of some help here

Gary

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Luiz- We upgraded the Support packs and the issue was resolved

I813660
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Gary,