cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Archiving Sizing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am attempting to determine the sizing requirements for the native SAP data archiving capability. I realize that sizing requirements are dependent upon an upfront analysis of the potential archiving objects, however, I'm simply trying to get an idea for planning purposes. At this point we are only looking at native SAP functionality and not 3rd party tools or storage. I would like to know how CPU and RAM will be affected when reporting runs are executed on archived objects. There are no sizing algorithms or documentation specific to archiving that I have been able find online.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher,

Do you have an oss id? If so, there is a document out on www.service.sap.com/ilm titled "Performance Aspects of Data Archiving". This document is located if you scroll down within the "News" box in the upper right hand corner.

This white paper discusses the relationship between data archiving and system performance. It demonstrates under which circumstances data archiving can help improve the performance of a system, and which concrete steps must be taken to achieve this goal.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Karin Tillotson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help. I have read the referenced document but it does not actually address my issue. The document focuses on how system performance benefits from archiving, while I would like to find some information that speaks to how performance is impacted when archived data is retrieved either via the AS or thru reporting runs. What are the sizing considerations when looking at implementing the archiving functionality?