Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating CVCu00B4s from infocube

brian_jespersen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi there

We have added a new char. to out MPOS and are now facing the challenge of creating CVC´s from our infocube which does not have this new char. but we are getting this error "InfoCube APODP01I does not have the required structure"

We thought that we could use the BADI /SAPAPO/SDP_MASTER, method COMBI_ENRICH to fill in the value for this new char, but it does not work.

Of course we could add the char to our infocube but we would like to avoid that.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

I813660
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The most safe way would be to pass the values to an excel file, create a new column with the new characteristic, pass this back to the POS and then save this in a new backup cube. This new cube would be then used in you process chain.

brian_jespersen
Explorer
0 Kudos

yes I know this - but this is not a one time handling. It´s for dynamicly creating CVC´s from infocube every night running in a process chain

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would suggest to include the new Characteristics in the InfoCube, which will be the basis for the CVC generation.

If I am not mistaken system allows to include new Characterstic to the InfoCube inspite of containing data requests in the InfoCube.

brian_jespersen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanx for your reply. Yes we have a backup of all CVC´s and we know we will loose our planning data and we have created a backup to another infocube.

We need this new char and it is not an attribute of another char.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

You can export your CVCs to local file, add the new char values to it in text editor and choose Load Data From : File while creating CVCs for new MPOS.

Regards,

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hope you would have taken the back up of old cvc's.You can manipulate the old cvc's adding one more charateristic in file format and re-upload them through File interface in creating CVC for new POS.

Also please ensure that new charateristic was really required....or attribute of an characteristic could have served the business requirement....Adding new characteristic means loosing the planning data..