cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move FTP server - what to watch out for

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The client is looking at moving the ftp server to another server (another ip address). I know I will need to amend the communication channels to contain the new ip address's. What will need to be done from a basis side? What other things will I need to look out for?

Thanks,

Leanne

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Mostly changes need to be carried out at File adapter level.

Changes required

1) New FTP server ip address

2) change in directory path

3) password

4) port.

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback, I agree with 1, 2 and 4 where is the password change required?

Thanks,

Leanne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry I forgot to mention we are using an anonymous login.

Thanks,

Leanne

Former Member
0 Kudos

If ur new FTP has different password than the old one then u have to change. if both are same then no need to change..as simple as that.

It will be fine..if u use that....but i suggest u use password of FTP ask from the FTP vendor..and get it..

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks very much for the information, where will I change the password? Does basis need to do anything from XI to allow the process to use a different ftp server?

Thanks,

Leanne

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the first thread only I replied u that u need to change ur File communication adapter parameters in Integration directory.

U can also make the changes, basis people help is not required.

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks, I understand this, I am using an anonymous login on so there is no password?

Thanks,

Leanne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not an issue with anonymous login...

if with that option ur file is not picked up then u have to use the correct use with read/write access on folder directory of FTP

chirag

Answers (0)