cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Groups

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have scenario where in the same customer performs all the partner functions. Its the case for all customer, except for two customers fr which the BIll to Party and Payer is different(head office) who is again a customer for the company and giveus order....

I thinking to have one acount group sold to party to address this issue.

Do I need to have any other acount group???

Can I have some inputs on this plzzz..

Thanks and Regards,

Pavan P.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Since all your customer perform from placing the order to paying the bill you can very well gohead with the only one accoount group. As you mentioned for two customers billto party and payer are different who themselved can act as sold to party at times as of now one account group is sufficient. but if you think for future it is better to have multiple account groups.

for the two customers to whom the bill to party and payer are different add the required customer in the partner fuction tab in customer master.

regards,

Krishna Prasad

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Pavan

Since you said that for two customers, the Bill to Party and Payer are different, you should have a seperate Account Group for this also.

Also it is always better to have all Account Groups due to which the system speed performance will not affect in anyway.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The main functionalities of account group are

1. Partner determination from CMR

2. No range assignment

3. Selecting the filed status according to the business requirements

Your requirement can be met with single account group and also three account groups

If i have to map your scenario i will go for three account groups for easy business processes

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Yes, if you have 1 sold to party it is enough.

Sold -to mandatory in SAP. If ship-to, bill-to & payer are not define, system will automaticaly default sold-to into remaining partner functions.

For your 2 special customers, define sold-to. Also define same value as bill to & payer in customer master --> Sales area data --> partners.

Regards,

Sivanand