cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with F4 help!!!!!! need to resolve it asap.

pramod_gopisetty1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Guru's,

I am modifying the Web Dynpro for ABAP application for employee search in HR Administrator.

I am able to change the infoset and make use of the one I created using the enhancement framework.

I included couple of standard fields Provided by SAP into the selection fields of the infoset.

And now I have issue with F4 help associated with the fields.

The problem is when you do a F4 on the selection fields the selection option which comes is having couple of columns with the key field highlighted in blue and when selecting a record or row the value selected is EN instead I would like to have the Org unit number to be selected.

to be more clear:

in the popup of f4 assume the columns are

Langu Org. unit Org. Unit text.

as of now Langu is the key field(highlighted in blue) and when selecting a row the value selected is Langu key instead I want to have Org. Unit to be selected.

Please help me out in resolving this.

Thanks in advacne for your time.

Regards,

Pramod

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try creating a custom search help according to your requirements and you can attach it to the context field as 'Dictionary search help'. There is another option also...you can create a webdynpro component for help and attach it as 'Freely programmed'. I prefer the first method since it is much easy way to do it.

Regards,

Satheesh.

pramod_gopisetty1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you for the quick reply.

IF you don't mind can you explain it clearly. since it is not a UI element which we insert in View the UI element is coming from infoset which we created. and it is pointing to standard value help which is H_t527X.

I hope you are getting what I meant.

thanks,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

I don't know how it is done in infoset. But if you have a context node and attribute for the field which is displayed in the view, create a custom dictionary search help for the field you want. Design the search help as per your requirements (what fields to be displayed etc..).

In the context attribute of that field property, select 'Dictionary search help' in the Input help mode. Enter the name of your custom search help here.

Thanks & Regards,

Satheesh.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pramod_gopisetty1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Issue was with DDIC structure, which was not passed properly. The Issue was in SAP Delivered code.

Thanks for the replies.

Cheers-

Pramod