cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales BOM and Incompletion Log

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP experts.

We are on ECC 5.0. Wer are exploding sales BOM in sales orders. I have a requirement that if for certain reason a BOM fails to explode for a particular line item then that item should be go an incomletion log. I was able to select field VBAP-STKEY (BOM ORIGIN) in incompletion procedure at the item category level.

However the problem i have with this is even if the BOM explodes the order is set to incomplete once I add VBAP-STKEY to the incompletion procedure. I find the VBAPSTKEY also gets a value of 5 in the table however the order is stil shown as incomplete. I am not sure if this is a bug.

If it is not possible to control this via incompletion log is there a way to ensure that if a sales BOM does not explode in sales order the system should not create delivery for that line item.

Any response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Praful

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Praful

You can try with this.

Go to OVA2, block "Sales-Item" and double click on "Procedures". Again block on "Standard Item" and double click on "Fields". There maintain as follows:-

Table::Fld name::::::::Description:::::::::Screen:::Status

VBAP:::UEPOS:::::::Higher-level item:::POST::::::04

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

To ensure that a sales BOM which does not explode in sales order, should not create delivery for that line item, can you identify a object status at the header level (for instance INC - incomplete configuration) and set the status in the sales order user exit. Using transaction BS02 (status profiles) you can effectively control the delivery creation.