Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information Assurance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone give me a brief description on the role of IA involvement in SAP Security?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are lots of things IA can get involved in with security & there are a few on here with more experiance than me in this area so I'm sure they will chip in...Some IA depts do some, all or even none of this:

- Involvement in security strategy

- Identification & specification of security related controls (design control framework)

- Monitoring & testing security controls

- SoD Spec & monitoring

- Monitoring sensitive access

- Part of documentation signoff process/risk review

- Involvement in testing process (design & sign off neg testing)

- Review logs etc

There are plenty more things which someone in IA can be involved in but it very much depends on the cmpany & individual

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are lots of things IA can get involved in with security & there are a few on here with more experiance than me in this area so I'm sure they will chip in...Some IA depts do some, all or even none of this:

- Involvement in security strategy

- Identification & specification of security related controls (design control framework)

- Monitoring & testing security controls

- SoD Spec & monitoring

- Monitoring sensitive access

- Part of documentation signoff process/risk review

- Involvement in testing process (design & sign off neg testing)

- Review logs etc

There are plenty more things which someone in IA can be involved in but it very much depends on the cmpany & individual

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hadn't heard of "Information Assurance" before - but what with the nasty habits of renaming and relabelling products and professions now-a-days... I hope that I don't have a big gap in my jargon...

Does this "IA" differ in any way (holisticly speaking) from "CSV" - Computer System Validation, a.k.a. "Quality Assurance in IT" a.k.a.?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Julius,

It depends on how your company implements their IA department. Previously they were only concerned with landscape, but now they have decided to implement themselves into our process and I was just wondering what the SAP standard was for IA involvement. Also while we are on the subject does anybody know what the SAP standard definition of core team members?? Thanks again

James

0 Kudos

Hi James,

From doing a fair amount of Security Implementations, IA work & security reviews, I can say with a degree of confidence that there is no standard definition or anything which comes close for IA involvement. Everywhere I have worked has been very different and role roles have been influenced by things like industry, regulatory environment, company size, culture of risk management etc.

Even companies which outsource their IA work (or much of it) always want something different.