cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customized steps in ChaRM workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SolMan Gurus,

I am in a project implementing Change Request Management in Solution Manager. Now my client wants to add an additional customized step in the standard process flow. Let me explain in detail. When a change request has been created, before it reaches the approver my client wants to add an intermediate role who can either confirm or disapprove. Only if the intermediate person approves, should the change request go to the approver.

Could you please help me with this scenario on how to do customization when it comes to add new roles in the ChaRM.

Thanks.

Regards,

Pan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jason. I'll chase up the BASIS people. I have awarded points for your useful answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pan,

1. you need two custom statuses (ie. "Confrmed by Special Group" and "Disapproved by Special Group")

2. you need two action to set the above statuses

3. you need to set the conditions of the actions so that the only show up when the status is "New" in the actions toolbox

4. you need to modify the Change Managers approval action conditions so they show up when the status is "Confirmed by Special Group" instead of "New'

regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Now I got an idea of what need to be done.

Could you please advise me on where to do these changes, I mean adding custom statuses and modifying change manager approval action conditions. The transaction code...or some other details would be really great. I am new to Solution Manager, and I am a bit stuck with this customization work.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Pan

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's all in the IMG in transaction SPRO. If it's your first time diving in, read the IMG notes, then read them again

Better yet, grab a CRM person and have them help you. ChaRM just uses CRM documents and functionality for the workflow. A CRM person will save you a ton of time. Seriously, you could spend way too much time getting this to work if you don't have some direction.