cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro ABAP

john_lee7
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi. I am trying to learn how to upload data to SAP table from Adobe Interactive form using Web Dynpro ABAP.

Is there any tutorials or detail examples out there where I can see/learn step by step and detail code as to how to upload data to a SAP table.

I tried to use BAPI_VENDOR_CREATE to upload a record to vendor master table, but it is not really working correctly.

Thanks for any help you can give.

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Since you posted this in the Web Dynpro ABAP forum, I assume you want to know how to process the offline form via upload in WDA. There are two different approaches. The older version only works with ACFx based forms. You can upload the form via the fileUpload UI element, but then you have to extract the XML document and parse it manually.

Here is a blog that describes this approach:

However this approach should largely be considered obsolete unless you are on a very old support package level. Newer support package levels should use ZCI(Zero Client Installation)/Native forms. When using Native forms you don't have to parse the XML manually. You just use an interactiveForm UI element. You use the fileUpload still and bind the pdfSource element of the interactiveForm element to the binary content of the fileUpload. The context that is bound to the interactiveForm UI element will then be automatically restored from the form content.

Once the data is in your WDA context you can do whatever you want with it - for instance calling a BAPI to update your business objects.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

john_lee7
Participant
0 Kudos

I know I need to walk before I can fly, but this is a task given to me, so I need to figure it out.

I don't necessary have question relate to BAPI, but I just want to understand and see examples of how using from Adobe Interface form from Web Dynpro ABAP to save data to a table.

I thought using BAPI was a good way to save it, but it doesn't have to be BAPI. I want to see an example, so I can mimic it and recreate for my own need.

Thanks.

john_lee7
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

I understand what you are saying in concept, but I am very new to the SAP world and have little hard time applying the concept.

I read through many documents and show several videos includes ones you made. Those are really helpful, but I am not still sure how to actually save data to SAP tables.

I was able to create BAPI service call, but I am not doing right as it is not working.

Using BAPI to display data works just fine, but not sure how to use BAPI to save data like Vendor / Customer / etc.

Is there a step by step document or video shows beginner like me how to do this including detail code.

Thank you.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

This is not the correct forum for asking general ABAP questions. This is for Web Dynpro ABAP specific questions. General questions, such as how to call a BAPI should be placed somewhere else.

There are many beginner documents available on SDN. In general the process of calling an update BAPI is really no different than calling a read BAPI. You might just need to commit the changes afterwards (BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT). Otherwise any documents/knowledge you have already gained for calling a read BAPI should be sufficient.

A general observation - learn to walk before you run a marathon. If you are very new to SAP and ABAP in general you shouldn't be trying to do WDA and Offline Interactive Forms as your first project. You need to build up some basic skills before you try to tackle something that is for experienced developers.