cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MDM Methodology

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I would like to know about SAP MDM Methodology. Can someone provide me with relvant links/ tutorials.

Regards

Nikhil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

I would advice you to go throw the following link which will guide you on all sort of documentation on Installation, refrnce documentation, planning, operations etc.

https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/installmdm

Also you can go throught the link below:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/43/D7AED5058201B4E10000000A11466F/frameset.htm

This gives you info on business, It scnearios and other usage and operation of MDM.

Also, to learn MDM, apart from the above mentioned links, Please follow the links below :

/thread/683426 [original link is broken]

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/profile/new%2bto%2bmdm%2b~%2bhow%2bis%2bcareer%2b...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/profile/new%2bto%2bmdm%2b~%2bhow%2bto%2blearn%2bs...

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Thanks for your reply.

Well I wanted to know if there is anything called as SAP MDM Methodology or the normal management of master data through SAP MDM is itself SAP MDM Methodology.

Please let me know if I am missing something.

Regards

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nikhil,

If understand your question correctly,

There are three basic IT Scenario in MDM to manage the data centrally through MDM.

1. Master Data Consolidation

-- To effectively aggregate data from various SAP and non-SAP sources and do the Cleansing , Matching and Merging (de-duplication)

-- Data normalization including categorization

2. Master Data Harmonization

To improve the quality of master data within the entire system landscape through de-duplication and distribution of consolidated data to clients. It involves:

-- Data upload, consolidation, and distribution processes

-- Achieving data integrity through de-duplication.

3. Central Master Data Management (cMDM)

-- Creation of Master Data in MDM

-- MDM becomes the only source of record for Master Data in the entire system landscape. MDM, hence becomes u201CSingle Version of Truthu201D

-- Master Data can then be distributed to various client systems.

Other than these IT Scenario, there are some Business scenarios are there like RPCM (Rich Product Content Management), GDS (Globle Data Synchronization), CDI (Customer Data Integration) etc to manage the Master Data.

I hope this will clear your doubt.

TNR,

Saurabh...

Edited by: Saurabh Kumar Sahu on Aug 26, 2008 4:27 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Addressing your question, as far as I know there is no separate SAP MDM methodology. Master Data management in a methodology which is common to all.

And you are right in saying that the normal management of master data through SAP MDM is itself SAP MDM Methodology.

As I have already mentioned some links, the 2nd link will guide you to the Scenarios and the area of application possible with SAP MDM

I hope I have addressed your rpoblem.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

SAP MDM itself is one of the methodolgies adopted by SAP to maintain Master Data.there are also other solutions in the market which uses different process to maintain master data like IBM MDM,Oracle MDM etc which are not SAP created tool.

Coming to SAP MDM,the tool itself is desgined to handle the master data issues using the 4 main MDM Guis Console ,Import Manger,Data manager and Syndicator.

Theses 4 MDM rich clients together are used to address the Master data problems like

- Data Quality issue

- Data Incompleteness

- Data Duplicacy

- Data Enrichment

- Data Governance

etc

This Features within MDM makes up the SAP Methodology/Solution to handle master data.

Hope It Helped,

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nikhil,

You can refer the below thread:

I hope this will hekp you a lot.

TNR,

Saurabh...