cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transport VC models between environments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I have a working model deployed in one environment, and now I want to transport the whole model into another environment in another Portal.

Can I do that without redeploying, because customer requirements are to use the Transport System. Right now the model is not working when I export and Import it. I get the error messages

Portal Runtime Error

An exception occurred while processing your request

Exception id: 03:44_26/08/08_0016_19231650

See the details for the exception ID in the log file.

Anyone?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Private_Member_9643
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just go to content admin of your development portal, and add this Model to the Portal Transport. When you deploy the model from VC on background it creates the VC Model, and its iView/Pages in Content Adminastrator folder. You just have to collect it into one transport.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmmm, I am glad that it is supposed to work this way, and that I do not have to redeploy in several SAP EP instances.

But - when I transport, I collect the whole deployment folder and all subfolders containing

1) iViews

2) Page

3) Model

but it still do not have work. Maybe it has something to do with a worklist translation file for the iViews, that I cannot transport. Anyone has experience with that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

You can export and import your model but you have to deploy it again if you are not transporting all the details related to that model.

Because the system which you must have created in previous server for VC application that wont be present in new server. So you have to transport your system also.

Since while deploying VC model it creats the PCD object in portal. You can check your VC models in the portal(the server in which you have deployed the model). Just open the portal--go to content administration -there you can find VC folder then check your model---all your iviews and pages will be present there. So, if you want to transport the VC model then you have to transport all these pcd objects also.

Just check this link for all the steps:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/91/4931eca9ef05449bfe272289d20b37/frameset.htm

/thread/149311 [original link is broken]

I hope it will be helpful for you.

Regards,

Nutan

Private_Member_9643
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What do you mean by did not work? Can't you see all the collected folders in your SMQ Content Admin Tab?

I hope while creating transport you did check if all the objects are collected properly or not?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I used the document

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a0f92042-b36c-2910-d4a3-abfa1035...

"How to... Transport Visual Composer iViews in SAP Netweaver ´04". There I found out that I was missing some "localization files".

That helped a lot.

Answers (0)